Channel 5: My New Greek Life

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Kilkis

Re: Channel 5: My New Greek Life

Postby Kilkis » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:49 pm

I wonder if the woman put any thought into the adventure at all? Let's sail 3,000 nm plus with no sailing experience whatsoever and then spend several months meandering around the Greek islands, with no real objective in mind, on a quite small yacht with two young, verging on hyperactive, children and a husband who thinks his only jobs in life are to steer the boat and go off on his own snorkelling for hours. What could possibly go wrong?

Warwick

jackdaw

Postby jackdaw » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:21 pm

Episode 2: We learn more. Theriso lady is on the pull. The waiter in the taverna, (I think he is the proprietor. We ate at the same table a couple of years ago) the rat catcher, (I have something to show you upstairs...) and the shepherd. (Oh no, not the shepherd. Its the lingering smell you know). Boaty couple still got the hump with each other, despite being moored in Symi. As Kilkis said "What could possibly go wrong?" Couple with the "Doer-upper" look best placed to succeed, but not if they continue to bulk buy tomatoes at a euro a kilo.
Can't wait til next week.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:42 pm

My landlady in northern Greece used to wait every year until tomatoes were starting to get all soft and squishy and cost a few cents per kilo. She would then have about 20 crates delivered to the house and she and four or five friends would sit round gossiping in the courtyard of the little, old house next door boiling them up and putting them in jars. My Greek is terrible but I am sure it sounded like:

Double, double, toil and trouble; (10)
    Fire burn, and cauldron bubble...etc

I could be wrong but there always seemed to be a dearth of fenny snakes afterwards.

Warwick

Return to “Chatter”