Greek football fixtures

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
George

Greek football fixtures

Postby George » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:36 pm

I understand that all Greek league games have been postponed till the 5th of September, but does anyone know how I can obtain a fixture list for OFH in Crete? I have wanted to go to a snakes game for some years now but have always failed due to away games etc. I will be in Crete during the first 2 weeks of October and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone can shed some light on this matter as google doesn't seem to have a clue.

Kilkis

Re: Greek football fixtures

Postby Kilkis » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:55 am

As far as I am aware it is only the Super League, which should have started this weekend, that has been postponed until 5 September. I doubt if the main league will start until later in September. Which league is ΟΦΗ in?

The official ΟΦΗ web site isn't showing any fixtures at the moment. The page showing games seems to be showing the results of last years fixtures at the moment. Whether it will start showing fixtures nearer the time I have no idea. Some of my friends support a small local team. They usually ask in the café about midweek when and where the weekend's match will be and typically nobody knows. The people they are asking are players on the team. If the first match is 5 September I would expect the fixture to be publicised on 4 September, or possibly 6 September.

If you are searching for information in Greece try using www.google.gr and, if possible, write the search term in Greek.

Warwick

George

Postby George » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:36 pm

I honestly don't know which league they are in - incredible as it sounds. I know they finished top of their league last season, and I think there are four such divisions and they play off against each other for promotion. Who won? I don't know. I accept that the Greek leagues are perhaps not followed as much as certain others, but I would have thought that the EPO would at least have published tables by now. I'll try Greek google and perhaps posting on a forum - someone must know something.

George

Postby George » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:53 am

Update: apparently the league fixtures will be announced this week. I got the information from the snakes forum.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:20 am

I think ΟΦΗ are now in the second division. I was told the first fixtures in that division are due to be played around 10 September, unless there are also postponements in that division as well as the Super League.

Warwick

George

Postby George » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:16 pm

ΟΦΗ have 2 home games in October and would seem to be:

Sun 2 October v Kalloni
Sun 9 October v Panelefsiniakos

My understanding is that Gate 4 is the place to be, so I think we should have a meeting of all the people from LIC. It's a sterling idea when you think about it - get to put a face to all the names, meet for some pre match drinks and snacks then off for a good old sing along with the locals. A true Cretan experience no one should be without. I think from the videos I have seen on line that the dress code is preferably black, with matching hoodie or bandana depending on the weather I suppose. You will also need a goodly supply of pyrotechnics to truly blend in. I had my wife do a mock dress up and she looked resplendent with her lone ranger style neckerchief pulled up leaving only the eyes exposed. Once I have taught her a few profanities in the local tongue we're good to go. Anyone else joining in?

Return to “Chatter”