Have to love these people

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
filippos

Have to love these people

Postby filippos » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:11 pm

Had a short holiday recently, flying from Xania, with check-in at an ungodly starting time of 04.35. Drive to airport and find none of the car parks open either off or on the airport. Drop 'Er Indoors with bags at departures door and go round again. Still nowhere open so abandon car in one of the car parks I'd used previously, walk back to airport and we check in.

About 05:15 I phone car park and get an answer so explain what I've done.
"OK. We're the same as the other parks here; we open around 05:00 but no problem. What time will you collect it?"
"About 4:30 in the afternoon next Thursday; that's in nine days."
"OK. Enjoy your trip."

On return I phoned the car park asking them to send the shuttle bus. "OK. Two minutes; look out for the orange minibus outside arrivals."
Within five minutes we're at the parking lot explaining why we have no ticket then recover the car and return to payment kiosk where bags are loaded for us.
"Posso Kanei?"
"Deka Evro."
"That must be wrong."
"No sir! Tuesday morning to Thursday afternoon is 2½days. Deka Evro!"
"I said Tuesday last week until ...."
"Tuesday last week (slapping forehead). That should be €26 and we've put €10 in the computer and can't change it. Look, don't worry, it's OK; just give us the €10."

I even had to struggle to get them to accept a bit extra for a couple of beers.

Even at full rate I think it's the cheapest parking at Xania airport. The first car park on the right on the approach to the airport entrance: a 20m slip road entrance to a kiosk at the front.
The website has a handy cost calculator, too.

Kilkis

Re: Have to love these people

Postby Kilkis » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:44 pm

I think if you negotiate with the last one on the left as you approach the airport he charges €1 per day. I know he does this for long stay. I am not sure what is lower limit is in number of days.

Warwick

PS I like the fact that the link defaults to September 2014?

filippos

Re: Have to love these people

Postby filippos » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:56 pm

Kilkis wrote:PS I like the fact that the link defaults to September 2014?
Made me chuckle, too.

Return to “Chatter”