Dogs

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Danny

Dogs

Postby Danny » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Does anyone know anyone who looks after other peoples dogs and the costs involved ? I have in the past used a couple of kennels here and found them just about OK but would prefer something better.

SatCure

Re: Dogs

Postby SatCure » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Ask Caz in the Greengibble shop in Litsarda.

Obviously costs are dependent on whether you want someone to pop in twice a day with food & water (+walkies) or you want someone to live-in or you want someone to take your dogs to their home.

Danny

Postby Danny » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:59 am

Ideally i'd like my dog to move in with animal friendly people while i'm away for a couple of weeks, i'd heard of someone who does this and were recommended to me but I wrote their contact number down wrong and I don't know the names of the people that told me, all I know is that the people who look after the pets are in the Vrysses area.

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:24 am

Again, I suggest you ask Caz. She will know everyone.

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:31 am

I boarded our two dogs at Crete Kennels at Rethymnon for a few weeks last summer and was well impressed .. Peter is a great guy who really looks after his guests..
It was so good to drive away from his place and know that our dogs were in safe hands ....jeff..

susieQ

Postby susieQ » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:05 pm

I think you may be referring to Keir and Trish, who would look after your dog in their home at Kalamitsi. Unfortunately they have now sold their home here and returned to the UK. Sorry, I don't know of anyone else who would provide this service.
susieQ

altohb

Postby altohb » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Jeffstclair wrote:I boarded our two dogs at Crete Kennels at Rethymnon for a few weeks last summer and was well impressed .. Peter is a great guy who really looks after his guests..
It was so good to drive away from his place and know that our dogs were in safe hands ....jeff..

I endorse that - Crete kennels is brilliant.

Danny

Postby Danny » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:19 pm

SuzieQ, think those two you mentioned were maybe the ones I spoke to , I remember they'd told me they couldn't have my dog as they were going back to the UK and had recommended these other people from Vrysses who looked after others peoples dogs in their own home rather than putting them in kennels. I've never been a fan of seeing my dog locked up in a kennel for most part of the day and really want to house him where he would be part of a family, so if anyone knows Trish and Keir i'd love to get in touch with them to get those contact details again.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Danny wrote:SuzieQ, think those two you mentioned were maybe the ones I spoke to , I remember they'd told me they couldn't have my dog as they were going back to the UK and had recommended these other people from Vrysses who looked after others peoples dogs in their own home rather than putting them in kennels. I've never been a fan of seeing my dog locked up in a kennel for most part of the day and really want to house him where he would be part of a family, so if anyone knows Trish and Keir i'd love to get in touch with them to get those contact details again.

Trish and Keir are back in the UK now.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Again, I suggest you ask Caz at "Greengibble" in Litsarda. She will know everyone.
In the unlikely event that she can't help you, I do have Keir's email address but I don't want to pester him unnecessarily.

Martin

ScotinCrete

Postby ScotinCrete » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Reccomend Dog Village - on the road to Xania Airport.
Leonidas is all about dogs - his father was a dog handler with the police and his holidays from the kennels are when he goes to Athens to visit dog shows.

Both he and his mother are lovely, he would be happy to show you around if you want before making any decision. Call him on 693 246 7936
My dog Katie loves him and thats probably the best reccomendation :D

Danny

Postby Danny » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks for all your help everyone but I've found the man I wanted.

Return to “Chatter”