Electrical Wiring Approval

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
mouche

Re: Electrical Wiring Approval

Postby mouche » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:45 am

Jean wrote:
You have to say? No you don't and nobody asked you to!

Ad hominem!

Which doesn't change the fact that you generally come across as a not very nice person.

Title of this thread is; Electrical Wiring Approval. I have absolutely no interest whatsoever to discuss you as a person nor anybody else here. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread per say I would suggest you go for a walk, a long one!

mouche

Postby mouche » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 am

Kilkis wrote:It was replaced by ENFIA in 2014 and I think, but don't know for sure, that at that time it didn't apply to properties that were not complete.
Warwick

Well, I cal tell you for sure. It did not apply to preoperties that were not complete in the sence that not all papers were signed/sealed. Our house was fuly completed by the end of 2011 but we were still on Builder's electricity awaiting all the final approvals. This included having legalized/paid fine for certain "things" that were not strictly in accordance with the building permit from 2008. And by the way; the maximum time allowed for Builder's electricity is (or at least was at that time) four years from the date a buildingpermit was given.

scooby

Postby scooby » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:39 am

mouche wrote:
Kilkis wrote:
Out of curiosity, could I ask when those three years were? The reason I ask is that originally ENFIA didn't apply to properties that weren't complete.

Buildingpermit from 2008 but he house was not completet before 2012. We bought the house partly built march 2011 and had the developer (seller) complete the house for us. We had Builder's electricity from spring 2011 till summer 0f 2015 when everything was finally sorted out and we got "normal"electricity. We did not pay ENFIA before 2015. The maximum period you an (or could) have Builder's electricity was (is?) four years so we were very much on "overtime" and our lawyer spent some time with DEH to sort things out. We did, howver, pay council tax when we had Builder's electricity. The whole "story" is considerably longer but this is a "short" version with the essenitals relating to you specifi question.

And by the way; contrary to what others claim we have never moved from Crete (nor to Crete).
I do apologise, it's just in a previous thread you claimed to have bought a house in Crete and also have a bank account here, odd.
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:06 pm

mouche wrote:...Well, I cal tell you for sure. It did not apply to preoperties that were not complete in the sence that not all papers were signed/sealed...

Sorry, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. By "not complete" I meant that they had not gone through the finalisation process that includes transition from "builders electricity" to normal domestic supply. I didn't mean physically complete. When I say "I don't know for sure" I mean that I have not read the applicable law because it wasn't really relevant to me. I am not questioning what you say but I find in Greece that you cannot reverse engineer with great certainty. The fact that a rule was applied in a particular way in one situation doesn't necessarily meant that the rule should be applied in that way or that it will always be applied in that way. As an example, there was one year before Ε.Ε.Τ.Η.Δ.Ε. was applied on the electricity bill when a demand for property tax was sent out directly from the tax office. About half the people I know received one and about half didn't. I can find no consistent difference between the people who received one and the people who didn't. You can't always deduce what the rule is from the event. Basically I am agreeing with you but urging caution.

There are many people who own a house here but who do not "move" here, Scooby. Also, it would be pretty unusual for somebody to buy a property here without having a bank account here since they would need to transfer money, so not so odd.

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:19 am

Kilkis wrote:
mouche wrote:...Well, I cal tell you for sure. It did not apply to preoperties that were not complete in the sence that not all papers were signed/sealed...

As an example, there was one year before Ε.Ε.Τ.Η.Δ.Ε. was applied on the electricity bill when a demand for property tax was sent out directly from the tax office.

If I'n not totally mistaken this was due to a supreme court ruling that the electricity company should not be used as a tax collector.

I'm telling my story as I understood the situation and as it was explained to me by my lawyer, no more and no less, and have no reason not to beleive that he knew what he was doing and understands the Greek system.

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:26 am

scooby wrote:
mouche wrote:
Kilkis wrote:
Out of curiosity, could I ask when those three years were? The reason I ask is that originally ENFIA didn't apply to properties that weren't complete.

Buildingpermit from 2008 but he house was not completet before 2012. We bought the house partly built march 2011 and had the developer (seller) complete the house for us. We had Builder's electricity from spring 2011 till summer 0f 2015 when everything was finally sorted out and we got "normal"electricity. We did not pay ENFIA before 2015. The maximum period you an (or could) have Builder's electricity was (is?) four years so we were very much on "overtime" and our lawyer spent some time with DEH to sort things out. We did, howver, pay council tax when we had Builder's electricity. The whole "story" is considerably longer but this is a "short" version with the essenitals relating to you specifi question.

And by the way; contrary to what others claim we have never moved from Crete (nor to Crete).
I do apologise, it's just in a previous thread you claimed to have bought a house in Crete and also have a bank account here, odd.

It is true indeed that we have bought, and still have, a house in Crete and also have a bankaccount there. Does this mean that we have moved to, or from, Crete? I'll give you a couple of days to think it over!

scooby

Postby scooby » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:10 pm

mouche wrote:
It is true indeed that we have bought, and still have, a house in Crete and also have a bankaccount there. Does this mean that we have moved to, or from, Crete? I'll give you a couple of days to think it over!
Had a couple of days to think it over, came to conclusion I don't give a toss :lol:
Men in suits will always make you pay.

mouche

Postby mouche » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:40 pm

scooby wrote:
mouche wrote:
Had a couple of days to think it over, came to conclusion I don't give a toss :lol:

Well, you actually seem to care a lot but realize it was too much of you to find an answer to a rather simple question!

Cruc

Postby Cruc » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:45 pm

mouche wrote:
scooby wrote:
mouche wrote:

Well, you actually seem to care a lot but realize it was too much of you to find an answer to a rather simple question!

Meou
Regards
Cruc

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:32 pm

I received more information from my friend so I have updated my original post.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:50 pm

SatCure wrote:I received more information from my friend so I have updated my original post.

I suppose if your friend really wants to learn all the ins and outs he could ask the electrician?

The second office he went to is ΔΕΔΔΗΕ, (note it's not iota but ita). This is the authority responsible for the electricity distribution network. I guess they would want to know that each household installation is up to scratch?

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

mouche

Postby mouche » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:00 pm

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:18 pm

YoMo2 wrote:
SatCure wrote:I suppose if your friend really wants to learn all the ins and outs he could ask the electrician?

That's exactly what he did but he speaks no Greek and the electrician's English isn't great - plus it was via telephone.
It was actually *I* who was interested in the "ins and outs" - hence my post here.

Thanks for your replies.

Return to “Chatter”