Key ring torch

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
johnincrete

Key ring torch

Postby johnincrete » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:48 am

Many years ago in UK, I had a very useful device that attached to the key ring and, when pressed, shone a fine light so as to make keyholes easily accessed in the dark. It was a freebie from a magazine and there was no means of recharging it when it stopped working. Does anyone know if such a thing exists today and whether I can get one here (preferably Chania but prepared to travel). And what do you call it in Greek?

Aging eyes need the help! One day I expect a policeman to inquire why I am fumbling in the dark trying to open my car.

Thanks all.

louisejersey

Re: Key ring torch

Postby louisejersey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:57 am

Hi, not sure if you have Ariadne supermarkets at your end of the island, but if so, they usually have them. Also, every so often Lidl have them in, usually in packs of 2. Have even seen them in our local Euro shop. x

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:14 pm

The one Euro shops here in Rethymnon usually stock them, I assume there will be one at least in Chania. I have one on most of my sets of keys...very handy on a dark night!

Kathleen

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:47 am

johnincrete wrote:And what do you call it in Greek?

I'm not aware of a specific word or phrase but "meea led lampa kleetheeoo" should do it* or "ena fakos meekros kleetheeoo" as all keyfob torches nowadays employ an LED anyway.

As above, most Euro shops and supermarkets have them on display, including "Jumbo" near Hanyá.

* Note that "LED" is pronounced as a single word - "led" - not separate letters.

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:01 am

Thanks everyone. I shall try to learn the Greek although my aged memory means that I have to re-learn such simple things as days of the week and numbers over and over again.
Why is it that when I ask a question, I immediately fall ill after getting the answer!
Hopefully the cold and cough that everyone seems to have got this year will have gone away and I will have a trip to Jumbo.
I'll let you know hoe I get on.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 am

If you see them advertised online they are usually described as "φακός LED". One on a keyring would be described as "φακός μπρελόκ LED". For example this one from e-shop. You can order online and pick up from the e-shop delivery depot on Anagnostou Gogoni. It is not a shop, you can't just walk in and buy. While the e-shop site is mainly in Greek there is an English version of the order page. For delivery method simply scroll down the selection until you find Chania shop. You can pay cash at the shop for anything up to €500. Above that you need to pay online with a card.

Warwick

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 pm

took a print of the e-shop page to the shop where a very helpful man placed the order. picked up the torch this am used it tonight - great!
thanks as ever

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”