Public Water Fountains

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Kamisiana

Public Water Fountains

Postby Kamisiana » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Todays announcment that the UK (and maybe Greece in time) are going to roll out this new invention called the public drinking water fountain, is it just my imagination or did we not have this amazing invention in the 60s 70s and 80s and a century or so before ,they were in my schools and high streets, colleges, public buildings and even public toilets.
But unfortunately public toilets are all but extinct now as well, may be their could be a goverment think tank to reinvent the public toilet as long as it is G-L-B-T oh and of course not forgeting Male-Female and baby changing area friendly.
Mans ability to progress(sorry that should be Human non specific genders ability to progress fantastic,Just my thoughts on a cold winters evening.

john4d

Re: Public Water Fountains

Postby john4d » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:43 am

Public Toilets are almost extinct because of excessive vandalism. Not just the occasional isolated instance, but regular and frequent. Repaired and reopened within a week they can be targeted again. In addition the frequent cleaning because of deliberate fouling is also a problem. This is especially so if it is a venue for cottaging. In an attempt to combat this some council's have introduced non gender specific toilets where all the cubicle doors open directly onto the street.
There's no such thing as a bad taste joke

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 am

I think it's now LGBTIQ.........

Andrew

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Got me letters the wrong way round IQ bit new to me, LGBT term allways makes me feel hungery For a BLT sandwich, dont read anything in to that I do mean a Bacon Lettuce and tomato sandwich :twisted:

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:39 pm

IQ=Intersex & Queer...... Wonder what will be next?

Andrew

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Oi! What about us Perverts? Where's the 'P' ?

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:16 pm

It's OK Tim your covered,just Googled Queer it covers all sorts you come under Q!

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Many years ago I was told (then, as a joke) that all the world's problems were because God created eight sexes but only told us about two.

The way things are going I think there might be more than eight.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Try reading "Sexual Anomalies and Perversions" by Dr Magnus Hirschfeld and you begin to realise that there are probably not enough letters in the alphabet. The News of the World used to have a slogan "all human life is there". They didn't even get close.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:49 pm

Not the type of reading matter that appeals to me. Probably far too complicated for my little brain.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Water fountains?

Well, you know that well-worn phrase - what goes around, comes around.

When you consider that recent considerable and costly research suggested that children who are read to at an early age are more likely to be interested in reading and more proficient at it when they go to school than those whose parents palm them off in front of the TV, makes you wonder why we never seem to learn these so-called 'lessons'. Reinvent the wheel. Jazz it up. Call it something different. Paint it a different colour. Anything to get more money out of the punters. Sorry, got a bit off-topic there, but you know what I mean! (I hope) . Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “Chatter”