Help. Shotguns not allowed.

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Daisy

Re: Help. Shotguns not allowed.

Postby Daisy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:16 am

Tim. What a brilliant idea! Yes please, do bring a couple of snakes with you when you come.
If that doesn't do the trick, then I don't know what will.
I don't think it matters about the colour or markings. I think I have read somewhere that it is the shape the birds and other animals respond to. In fact, bring more as they might work on the rats too.
My resident snake seems to have moved away. I haven't seen him for a while. Mind you, I am not surprised, he probably got fed up with me saying "Hello, my 'andsome" every time I saw him.
Daisy

Image025 by Daisyincrete, on Flickr

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi Daisy

No problem. I'll PM you when I'm 'in residence', so to speak. Beautiful snake btw.

Tim

Clio

Postby Clio » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Aaaargh!! Daisy I have now stopped coveting your beautiful garden after hearing what lurked and may still be lurking in the ground cover. I see from the internet that what you have is a "leopard snake (scient. Elaphe situla or Zamenis situla) ... the most beautiful species of snake in Greece, with characteristic orange-red markings on its back. In Crete it is called ochentri, which means viper, which is incorrect as the snake is completely harmless."

That's as maybe but I'm with the birds, or where you hope the birds will be: as far as possible from your flexible friend!

Return to “Chatter”