Neighbours

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
nemhacese

Postby nemhacese » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:09 pm

Baccybabs,

Our neighbours are mainly Greek but a few are from Slovakia and the Ukraine. Everyone is friendly. There's no nipping in and out of each other's houses unannounced, partly because of all the different nationalities and partly because on the whole they are young couples. Most people are out at work during the day anyway.

Julie

nemhacese

Postby nemhacese » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:10 pm

Baccybabs,

Our neighbours are mainly Greek but a few are from Slovakia and the Ukraine. Everyone is friendly. There's no nipping in and out of each other's houses unannounced, partly because of all the different nationalities and partly because on the whole they are young couples. Most people are out at work during the day anyway.

Julie

nemhacese

Postby nemhacese » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:12 pm

And no I'm not going to hit enter a third time by mistake.

baccybabs

Postby baccybabs » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:24 am

nemhacese wrote:And no I'm not going to hit enter a third time by mistake.

:D :lol: :)

Eleni13

Postby Eleni13 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:44 am

filippos wrote:Our oldest neighbour [approaching 95] lives opposite and, as he can't manage our 22 steps now, stands in the middle of the main road to call us.

I know how he feels!

Except that I wouldn't stand in the middle of the road...

Eleni13

Postby Eleni13 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 am

filippos wrote:My comment was directed, lightheartedly, to Hudson - it was prompted by the "Coooeee" and swimming pool reference as the only Cretans I know with a pool are rental apartment owners whereas, Brits with pools ...........

We obviously have different senses of humour.

We have a pool, and I, for one, have only ever drunk one G&T in my life. That was only because the person refilling glasses wrongly assumed my T had G in it.

Some of us have pools because we have personal reasons for not being happy to appear on the beach. But no offence taken, Filippos.

By the way, both of our neighbours are lovely.

jeansy

neighbours

Postby jeansy » Thu May 29, 2008 8:54 pm

We live in a small village and all of neighbours are Greek, and they are great no dramas that our Greek vocabulary is crap !! and they speak no English, we have a problem they are there if they have a problem we are there, I believe that is what our grandparents called a community. Well for an ex miserable, self centered old @#$%^&* what a great place to live?? .
And yes we do have ex pats who live here but you CAN choose who you meet and call Yettone.
paul

Return to “Chatter”