That Flight

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Clio

That Flight

Postby Clio » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Starting a new thread because I'd inadvertently caused the previous one (on the mystery flights to Gatwick) to wander off topic, and I do actually have some possibly useful news to relate and don't want it to get lost.

After Andrew mentioned the difficulty he was having in getting information out of Aegean, I noticed that their website has a 'Charter' department listed so I emailed them with our query. I didn't mention it because I wasn't too hopeful of getting a reply, and had in fact given up expecting one. But then today comes the following from Aegean's Kostas Tarnatros who apologises nicely for the delay and goes on to say:

"......In regards to charter flights kindly be advised that, in winter period, Aegean operates every Saturday charter flight as Heraklion-London-Manchester-Heraklion.

On the way to London is quite convenient but on the way back to Heraklion is also time consuming going through Manchester.

Such a performance concerns full charter flight, the commercial rights belong to the tour operator involved, who offers in coming packages to the passengers from UK to Crete.

As there is always a possibility of having empty seats, there is always an opportunity of selling only tickets vice versa.

You are able to send your requirements to Cretan Holidays which is acting as a representative in Heraklion at the following e-mail addresses

contact@cretanholidays.gr
a.moniakis@cretanholidays.gr.....

So possibly a bit of a step forward? I've done more than enough flying this winter and have no need or energy to take this further. But perhaps somebody else would like to take up the baton and follow up those contacts, and report back?

Houmeri91

Re: That Flight

Postby Houmeri91 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Wow great work and possibly really positive step forward to save having to go via Athens !

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:41 pm

Well done Clio, I am assuming this is Gatwick, not Heathrow? Probably a bit late to be useful this winter as we are only about five weeks away from the start of direct flights, but if Aegean is still doing this after they stop in October, that will be very handy.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Clio wrote:
After Andrew mentioned the difficulty he was having in getting information out of Aegean, I noticed that their website has a 'Charter' department listed so I emailed them with our query. I didn't mention it because I wasn't too hopeful of getting a reply, and had in fact given up expecting one. But then today comes the following from Aegean's Kostas Tarnatros who apologises nicely for the delay and goes on to say:

Well done Clio. I tweeted Aegean at the weekend & they replied this morning to say look at the charter page of their website. I emailed them this afternoon as well!

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:34 pm

I've just emailed Cretan Holidays from Living in Crete. Will post when I get a reply.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 am

Good work Clio and Carolina! Sometimes even a wild goose chase catches a goose. I'm glad I posted it.

We still may find tickets are unavailable, but it's worth a try.

Love this forum.

Andrew

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm

I had a reply from Aegean this morning, it was different to Clio's. Aegean have given me another email address: The website is http://www.nbktouristic.com - seem to be a Turkish Travel Agent I emailed them this morning and have just had the following reply:-

[i]Hi,

We make a winter tourism in Crete last two year. The available seat depends on arrival. We have one flight per week to Heraklion / LGW-MAN. If you need tickets please ask me on each Monday. How many and price. We try to organize. I will wait your mail. For example we have 4 available seat for 23-02-2019

Kind regards

I've just emailed back to ask price and timings.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Reply -

For 23/02/2019 Her/LGW 150,00.-eur pp. Flight time 09:20 a.m. If you want a ticket please inform to me.
For 02-03-2019 flight we must be wait on Monday as ı write.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:48 am

Well, well, well. Against all odds, it seems you can fly direct to Gatwick in the winter. Dead chuffed with that result. Well done Clio and Carolina in nailing down my flimsy lead.

Andrew

Clio

Postby Clio » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:13 pm

I'm really glad we got somewhere with it, Andrew, but feeling ever so slightly sorry for myself. I'm flying to the UK on Friday and for various reasons, mainly not wanting a five hour stopover in Athens, I am doing what I swore I would never do again after December's experience, and booked to go Ryanair to Luton. Apart from a still boring stopover, and Luton being a horrible little airport, it's on the opposite side of London from where I want to go. So add in cost of ongoing journey via train, tube and foot. (All this organised before a direct flight emerged out of a clear blue sky.)

It was't essential to go on the Friday: I could just as easily have gone on Saturday with the above offer, and to Gatwick which is dead close to where I'm going, with a lift right to the door always on offer. And (may I shout?) I WOULD HAVE SAVED 100 EUROS!

Yours in need of a hug
Clio

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:23 am

Clio, that is truly annoying. You have my sympathy.

Next time though?

Andrew

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:59 am

Sorry to hear that Clio, what a pain.

Well done Andrew for being a bit of an Av Geek and spotting the flight. Otherwise we would never have know!

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:39 pm

I've been asked to unpublish the email details.

Please do not share in anywhere. This is our internal things.
We are not a ticket agency. I answer you only as you try to find us.

I guess they are not allowed to publicly promote any empty seat sales.

."

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:55 pm

The NBKtouristic web site does say that they cannot take direct bookings and to contact your travel agent so I suppose that anybody who wants to try and book would need to contact the Cretanholidays address linked by Clio.

Warwick

Return to “Chatter”