Aegean bumping to Standby!

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Carolina
Site Admin

Re: Aegean bumping to Standby!

Postby Carolina » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:38 pm

mouche wrote:
Clio wrote:
What a totally low life stupid statement/"question"!

...., and that he is gracefully refusing to be drawn.

Gracefully? My foot!

Mouche, two insults on one thread. It does appear that you are baiting, please stop or take your comments elsewhere.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Us low life bottom feeders love a bit of ground bait, Carol. Pinkies are my personal favourite. Yummy.

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:34 pm

So the score is now two all or is somebody here free to insult others? :roll:

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:09 pm

I am not aware that I have made any insults to you, Mouche? I have disagreed with your opinion. I have produced evidence to support why I disagree with your opinion and I have mocked your comments. Personally I didn't find them particularly insulting just rather childish, hence my rather childish response. I am a Bernesian at heart.

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:27 pm

mouche wrote:So the score is now two all or is somebody here free to insult others? :roll:

Nope. Self depreciation is not insulting others.

mouche

Postby mouche » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:29 pm

In my world this is a good example og an insult;

"are you saying an airline would 100 % overbook if the demand was there in the hope that 50 % of people would not turn up?"

The only purpose of this "claim" is to make a counterpart look stupid as in no way shape or form have I at any time or in any way said, or meant to say, anything like this! In other words this is a very clear insult and obviousely meant as such! One member here seem to have a free pass when it comes to insulting other members, not excactly how I would run a forum.

Norwegian Air do not overbook! None of the charterflights coming from Norway to Crete overbook in my experience, never heard of such. There is no way you can book a seat on any of those flights as if you try you will be clearly told online that the flight is sold out!

SAS overbook on certain routes if, and only when, they have several flighst to/from same origin/destination same day, otherwise they do not. Danish Air Transport (DAT) do not overbook.

There is no such thing as an industrial norm that beeing 10% or none at all.Facts speak for themselves, fiction is of no interest!

mouche

Postby mouche » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:30 pm

mouche wrote:In my world this is a good example of an insult;

"are you saying an airline would 100 % overbook if the demand was there in the hope that 50 % of people would not turn up?"

The only purpose of this "claim" is to make a counterpart look stupid as in no way shape or form have I at any time or in any way said, or meant to say, anything like this! In other words this is a very clear insult and obviousely meant as such! One member here seem to have a free pass when it comes to insulting other members, not excactly how I would run a forum.

Norwegian Air do not overbook! None of the charterflights coming from Norway to Crete overbook in my experience, never heard of such. There is no way you can book a seat on any of those flights as if you try you will be clearly told online that the flight is sold out!

SAS overbook on certain routes if, and only when, they have several flighst to/from same origin/destination same day, otherwise they do not. Danish Air Transport (DAT) do not overbook.

There is no such thing as an industrial norm that beeing 10% or none at all.Facts speak for themselves, fiction is of no interest!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:51 pm

Good grief, Mouche, if you think that is an insult you have led a very sheltered life.

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:26 pm

mouche wrote:In my world this is a good example og an insult;

1) A strange world you are living in then Mouche.

2) Of course Norwegian or any other airline can overbook seats. They can lie to you (and they do). They can put up e.g. 210 seats for sale online on a 200 seater plane.

3) Ditto Danish Air Transport

4) Facts - Denied Boarding Norwegian https://www.norwegian.com/en/travel-inf ... -boarding/
Denied boarding DAT https://dat.dk/media/wysiwyg/PDF/Genera ... JAN18_.pdf

5) Further reading / info https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/11/overbooking/

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:54 pm

I used to fly a lot with SAS from the UK to Copenhagen,to Stockholm and on to Kiruna, to Oslo and on to Andoya. They certainly overbooked on a regular basis. It was staff from SAS, BA, Lufthanza, KLM and Aer Lingus who told me that 10 % was typical. The business travel agent who made all our bookings also confirmed it. That was a long time ago, before EC261, so, as I said in an earlier post, it is not surprising if the percentage is now lower.

SAS had another neat little trick. In winter it was quite common for the flight from Kiruna to Stockholm to be delayed due to bad weather so that you missed the last flight from Stockholm back to the UK. They would book you on the early morning flight and give you a voucher for a hotel room for the night. It's amazing how many times they would "forget" to initial the section on the voucher that said that SAS would pay. You get up very early the next morning to find that the hotel is demanding payment for the room and no SAS office is open to get them to authorise that SAS will pay it. You end up paying yourself and it was very difficult to claim it back. You soon learn to check the voucher carefully before you leave the airport, especially when you are a skint research student surviving on a grant and a pitiful per diem expenses allowance that wouldn't even cover the cost of a hotel room in Sweden.

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:06 am

Carolina wrote:
mouche wrote:In my world this is a good example og an insult;

1) A strange world you are living in then Mouche.

2) Of course Norwegian or any other airline can overbook seats. They can lie to you (and they do). They can put up e.g. 210 seats for sale online on a 200 seater plane.

3) Ditto Danish Air Transport

4) Facts - Denied Boarding Norwegian https://www.norwegian.com/en/travel-inf ... -boarding/
Denied boarding DAT https://dat.dk/media/wysiwyg/PDF/Genera ... JAN18_.pdf

5) Further reading / info https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/11/overbooking/

Well, as far as I know I live in the same world as you do. With respect to Norwegian Air I can only repeat myself once more; No, they do NOT overbook, but it MAY happen that for operational reasons they have to put in a smaller plane on a particular route/day which again may lead to fewer seats available. That is a totally different story than what you think you have proved!
And why should they overbook when tickets are for the most part are nonrefundable?

mouche

Postby mouche » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:12 am

According to The Telegraph April 24, 2017 Ryanair, Monarch and Jet2 all claim they do NOT overbook.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... ed-flight/

mouche

Postby mouche » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:18 am

mouche wrote:According to The Telegraph April 24, 2017 Ryanair, Monarch and Jet2 all claim they do NOT overbook.

JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ:JBLU) do NOT overbook.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/3319332 ... n-a-plane/

And the list goes on and on and on...............

Have a nice day all!

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:42 am

EasyJet certainly overbook. I remember the looks on the faces of a group of young lads at Gatwick when they were informed that as they were the last passengers to check in, their holiday to Malia would be starting somewhat later than they had hoped. They were under-impressed. 10% was the figure quoted to me by EasyJet staff when I inquired. After that I always did the online check-in at the earliest opportunity.

Tim

SueA

Postby SueA » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:38 am

mouche wrote:According to The Telegraph April 24, 2017 Ryanair, Monarch and Jet2 all claim they do NOT overbook.

Monarch very definitely does not overbook now!

Return to “Chatter”