Land Plot and sqm of house

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Yin&Yang

Land Plot and sqm of house

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue May 21, 2019 3:41 pm

About two years ago we vaguely remember being told that the plannng laws for building a house outside of a village may be changed, eg Rather than buying a 2000sqm plot to build 200sqm, you would now need 4000sqm to build 200sqm. Has this happened?
Someday is now : )

filippos

Re: Land Plot and sqm of house

Postby filippos » Wed May 22, 2019 6:36 pm

I think it depends on how far beyond the village boundary the plot is located. I don't know the distances involved but there are/were three zones - within the village boundary, within x metres of the boundary 2000m² required and beyond y metres needing 4000+m². I'm not up to date with the actual distances involved but that's how it is or was. I've also heard a rumour that there's a proposal to double the 4000m² area required for any building. I haven't bothered with any enquiries as we have no plans to buy land or build anything.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed May 22, 2019 11:09 pm

Crete Perfect Home has an interactive page giving details of the rules in different zones. Just move your cursor over the map to get the rules in different areas. Don't forget to try the two roads. I cannot guarantee it is up-to-date but if you contacted them I think they would help.

Warwick

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Thu May 23, 2019 5:54 am

Thank you both. I shall take a look.
Someday is now : )

Return to “Chatter”