Rugby World Cup on TV

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
johnincrete

Rugby World Cup on TV

Postby johnincrete » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:19 am

It seems that Sky is the only TV service in UK to show the forthcoming world cup. It may well be that one of the BBC or ITV channels will show "highlights" late at night but I don't find these programmes satisfactory particularly the long punditry. Is Sky available here?

Kamisiana

Re: Rugby World Cup on TV

Postby Kamisiana » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:39 am

johnincrete wrote:It seems that Sky is the only TV service in UK to show the forthcoming world cup. It may well be that one of the BBC or ITV channels will show "highlights" late at night but I don't find these programmes satisfactory particularly the long punditry. Is Sky available here?

Yes through an IPTV provider

Saddler

Postby Saddler » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:42 pm

ITV have exclusive rights to show the World Cup Rugby. Matches will be live on either ITV 1 or ITV 4

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:04 pm

Ah, we can get that through the FilmOn internet service. They claim to be legal, and that's good enough for us ;)

Saddler

Postby Saddler » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:42 pm

Or, if it's feasible, why not support a local bar or café to watch it? Lots of modern bars now have satellite TV where most channels are shown. Ask around. The Sports Bar in Agios Nikolaos will be the place for me and always attracts a good rugby following.

Return to “Chatter”