2020 car tax

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
moggieman

2020 car tax

Postby moggieman » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:52 am

Is there a car tax band list for 2020 available anywhere yet please ???

Kilkis

Re: 2020 car tax

Postby Kilkis » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:11 am

Yes. Stavros posted it on the General Discussion board three days ago. See here.

Warwick

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:09 pm

The car tax rate for 2020 seems to be the same as last year, moggieman.

Houmeri91

Postby Houmeri91 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:29 am

Yes our's was the same .

For newbies like me to this , you don't need to print off if you use ebanking as described before , certainly with EuroBank Ebanking , it does it all for you , you just select the transaction put in the the details of AFM and Reg number and hey presto !!!! Job Done .....

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:24 pm

Ours was the same with Bank of Piraeus and you can download the payment confirmation in pdf format (to keep in the glove box ready to wave at friendly policeman if stopped). Whole process took 2½ minutes tops (including login).

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:06 am

As Fillipos says,
Ditto
Dead easy with Piraeus even for me!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:42 pm

As far as I can tell all the four major banks and the smaller ones in the Cooperative banking association have internet banking and all have payment mechanisms, which include the circulation tax, that are easy to use. With Alpha Bank I taxed a total of six vehicles, including printing off the government form and the bank's payment receipt, in about 15 minutes.The slight exception is the Cooperative Bank of Chania, which also has the same type of internet payment system, but it only operates in Greek so it is not particularly easy for non/poor Greek speakers to use.

Warwick

PS I don't have six vehicles, only two. The other payments were for friends.

jackdaw

Postby jackdaw » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:44 pm

This year Piraeus Bank have added an extra layer of verification to their online procedure. They send SMS message to your phone containing a pin no. Which is fine as long as they have the correct no. on your account details.. Mine is a UK no. and I forgot to add the international prefix. Doh!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:44 pm

I think this extra verification procedure is Europe wide?

Warwick

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:53 am

Kilkis wrote:I think this extra verification procedure is Europe wide?

Warwick

Yes Piraeus Bank have been doing this for a bit now ..It's fine if you have a good and dependable phone signal ...here the signal is very patchy so I have to walk up the road with the mobile held in the air to get the extra pin ...then sprint back to the house and enter it before it times out ...

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:14 pm

There does seem to be a tendency for people designing new systems to base the design on their own experience rather than investigating what life is like out in the real world.

Some years ago the UK government introduced a new system in which all farmers would have to submit all their subsidy claim information online. They then had to abandon it because over 90 % of farmers didn't have adequate internet access to allow them to do so.

Everything in the Greek tax offices is now done online but the system often crashes every 20 minutes or so and staff have to then wait another 20 minutes for it to come back on line and start the process again.

The Greek online prescription service was provided by a private company. Many medications were not included on the system and the government does not have any funds to pay the private company to incorporate them nor the necessary expertise to incorporate them themselves. Those medications have become unavailable by prescription, not for any medical reason but purely because of a badly designed and implemented computer system.

Some banks do give alternative methods of secondary verification. For example with Lloyds Bank in the UK you can choose whether to be sent a PIN by SMS to a mobile, which you then type into a box on the screen or to have a code put up on the screen which you then key into your landline handset when the bank phones you on it.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Jeffstclair wrote:

Warwick

Yes Piraeus Bank have been doing this for a bit now ..It's fine if you have a good and dependable phone signal ...here the signal is very patchy so I have to walk up the road with the mobile held in the air to get the extra pin ...then sprint back to the house and enter it before it times out ...

Once you have done it you can add them as a trusted recipient and won't need to do it again.

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:47 pm

Warwick

Nat West added it a few weeks ago but, strangely, it isn't requested every time. I haven't seen it pop up yet on my NBG online transactions, but I have always needed their security code generator (a little light blue device).

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:23 pm

peebee wrote:
Jeffstclair wrote:

Warwick

Once you have done it you can add them as a trusted recipient and won't need to do it again.

I don't understand that peebee ...You get an extra pin for every transaction ...it last for 2mins and 30 seconds... so if you don't receive it in time it's useless ...

peebee

Postby peebee » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Jeffstclair wrote:
peebee wrote:
Jeffstclair wrote:

I don't understand that peebee ...You get an extra pin for every transaction ...it last for 2mins and 30 seconds... so if you don't receive it in time it's useless ...

I get message on my phone to confirm, there is also a box to tick to confirm that this is a trusted recipient.
I do have the Piraeus app installed - that may make a difference.

Return to “General Discussion & News”