Land partly in village, partly outside, rules.

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Cake

Land partly in village, partly outside, rules.

Postby Cake » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:17 pm

If you have a piece of land partly within the village border, does each part have his own rules for build allowance?
Or is it one or the other based on percentage, highest percentage counts?

Kilkis

Re: Land partly in village, partly outside, rules.

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:32 pm

It would be best to ask a civil engineer. The issue of building permission is more complicated than just which equation to apply. Also what the law says and what people actually do are not necessarily the same.

Warwick

Cake

Postby Cake » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:09 pm

Kilkis wrote:It would be best to ask a civil engineer. The issue of building permission is more complicated than just which equation to apply. Also what the law says and what people actually do are not necessarily the same.

Warwick

I don't know a civil engineer who I can ask. Just thought maybe someone knows on this forum. :wink:

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:49 pm

Over 100 listed here. A few of the early listings are not in Chania. Some even have web sites with contact information including contact forms so you could email your question. I would make it a bit more specific if you can, e.g. a plot of total area X sqm with Y sqm inside a village boundary and Z sqm outside.

Warwick

Cake

Postby Cake » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:58 pm

Kilkis wrote:Over 100 listed here. A few of the early listings are not in Chania. Some even have web sites with contact information including contact forms so you could email your question. I would make it a bit more specific if you can, e.g. a plot of total area X sqm with Y sqm inside a village boundary and Z sqm outside.

Warwick

I would only ask/bug them if I was close to buying the land. But thanks for the listings and tips.

Return to “Chatter”