Another lurker

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
blobby

Another lurker

Postby blobby » Sat May 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Hello to everyone, I am a self admited lurker who has been doing such for over a year on another famous site.
I must say the reason for never posting before because if I had a question or concern about moving to Crete, I would simply search and the answer to my concern was always addressed by either Filippos and others. I became a great fan gladly follow him to this superb site.
We arrived in February to take possession of our new home at Stylos, and after 3 months this is still our home until the end, we love it. To all of you contemplating the leap, go for it. My wife and I are also fond of pubs and resteraunts so if anyone fancies a nice social evening give us a shout.

Kikh

Postby Kikh » Sat May 12, 2007 6:11 pm

Well said and 200% agreed Blobby! No need to post when all the answers are there to read, already posted by eminent members.

And, a big Thank You Ladies and Gentlemen, I will relocate to Chania in 19 days.

With gratitude
Kickie
Kickie

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sat May 12, 2007 6:47 pm

Hi Blobby - nice to see an ex -lurker :lol:

Kikh - good luck with your move.

Apart from asking questions or providing answers the forum is for discussion too, so feel free to contribute or start up a discussion any time 8)

Kenny

Postby Kenny » Sat May 12, 2007 7:20 pm

I agree with Carolina,the discussions can be very worth while.Welcome to the forum Blobby.

Best of luck with your move Kikh :D Ken.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat May 12, 2007 11:22 pm

We're close to Chania, Kikh, so if you need any help, e.g. where to find ..., get in touch. Good luck with your move.

Warwick

Kikh

Postby Kikh » Sun May 13, 2007 9:15 am

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

I hope I will be able to contribute with information later on. Most of your answers apply on me although I'm Swedish but I might (probably will...) bump into something to share. First things first. I'm really excited about the move and my stomach is filled with tipsy butterflies, feels like being in love.

Warwick, I hope my main concern will be how to find a really good Retsina to share with my new "neighbors" :lol:
Kickie

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun May 13, 2007 9:54 am

Kikh wrote:Warwick, I hope my main concern will be how to find a really good Retsina to share with my new "neighbors" :lol:

Mmmmmmmmmmm! I do have a problem there. I have lived in northern Greece for about 10 years where the favourite brand is Malamatina. The Cretan brands taste completely different and I haven't got used to them yet. If anybody knows where you can buy Malamatina in the Chania area then please let me know. Similarly it doesn't seem possible to get Tsipouro here the same as the northern variety. Tsikoudia is fine as a digestive after a meal but not so good to drink with a meal in my opinion. Ouzo has too much aniseed. There are some branded types in the supermarkets but most are completely without aniseed and the Tsantsali is far from the best. I do miss "Tsipouro Mezethes". I suppose it's only the same as yearning for PG Tips or tinned herring.

Warwick

Return to “Chatter”