Feeling homesick...

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
lshall05

Feeling homesick...

Postby lshall05 » Thu May 24, 2007 10:35 pm

Just spoken to hubby (he's over in Malia just now) and our Greek friend wanted to talk to me - wanted to know why I wasn't over too.

It's now made me feel very homesick :cry: for Crete and wish I was moving over this year and not next year...

It gets harder and harder every time we go over to visit to say bye to our friends. At least we'll only have to say bye in September, again next February or March and possibly August then we'll be over in the November.

It's funny how you find a place and no matter where you live you always feel that you're not truly living at home. I always used to say that Glasgow was my home (being a true weegie) but in the last few years if anyone had asked, I'd say Malia.

Well, that's my bit of chat over, I'm going to have a large glass of wine and go to bed. Tomorrow will be another day and one day closer to our holiday (16 weeks on Friday)!!!! :D
Living in Crete!!

filippos

Re: Feeling homesick...

Postby filippos » Thu May 24, 2007 10:50 pm

lshall05 wrote: one day closer to our holiday (16 weeks on Friday)!!!! :D
Not that you're counting.

Filippos.

lshall05

Postby lshall05 » Thu May 24, 2007 10:56 pm

I start counting as soon as the holiday's booked!!!
Living in Crete!!

andheath

Postby andheath » Fri May 25, 2007 12:07 am

Hi Lynne

So what is taking so long, why end 2008, why is hubby there on a jolly and you are back home in glorious sunny Glasgow. We need some detail here, don't you realize how fascinating other people's lives are. Let's face it, the intimate detail of your life's dream has got to better than bones. So come on, pack it out.

Me, well I think I am up all night, (stress) closing date 12 noon tomorrow (as a true weegie you know all about that) have to wait and see if I can afford to eat when I get there but with a bit of luck I should be booking a flight tomorrow afternoon.

Best of luck to us both.
Andy

lshall05

Postby lshall05 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:04 am

Andy, where to start!!

Hubby is having a jolly with his pal because originally if Chelsea got into the uefa final (was that what was played on Wednesday?) then they wanted to at least be in Athens for the final, however, when they looked at costs, they decided it'd be cheaper to do a package holiday to Crete and if they got through at least they'd be in Greece. They even thought about possibly flying over to Athens for an overnight stay. I don't have enough holidays left to take another week off, hence the reason I'm in sunny London.

We moved to London last year and took a 2 year lease. Before we went to Crete earlier this year, we'd decided we were going to look for a wee apartment that we'd rent out during the season (leaving the odd week here and there for ourselves), then in 4 or 5 years time we'd move out permanently.

We were in Crete in March and met quite a few people who suggested that we should just go for it. But because of the 2 year lease (which we could get out of in January 2008 with a months notice) we decided we'd try to extend the lease by a few months and move over in October 08 to give us time to unpack, settle down, get all the official things done and find jobs. If we moved over in January/February 08, we would feel rushed into doing everything.

So there you go, that's why end of 2008!!

Hope that's brightened up your day.

Fingers crossed for noon today!!

All the best

Lynn
Living in Crete!!

Return to “Chatter”