the mail

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Pirateprincess

the mail

Postby Pirateprincess » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:19 pm

HOw long does it take to get a letter in the mail from dublin to crete please
Never say never

Jean

Postby Jean » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:54 pm

Generally between 2 days and 2 weeks,. That's from Dublin to Akrotiri

lshall05

Postby lshall05 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Going the other way (Crete to London) can vary dramatically! Not sure where the hold up was created but when Carol sent my book to me, the first one didn't turn up so she sent another one which arrived with a few days of sending it. The original one turned up 6 weeks later!!
Living in Crete!!

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:06 pm

Think the postmen have been off work this week - due to the heat !???
We received mail today, first time in a week and it was a pile - of bills :(

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:45 am

Carolina wrote:Think the postmen have been off work this week - due to the heat !???
We received mail today, first time in a week and it was a pile - of bills :(

I'm not sure I understand. Does this mean that it is possible to get mail that is not a pile of bills? If so, how is it possible to achieve this?

Warwick

lshall05

Postby lshall05 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:11 am

The people on this planet apparently have other humans they call friends. Must find someone from this planet to explain the concept - maybe they send non-bills in the post.

Note to self, must keep remembering to take the pills...
Living in Crete!!

paulh

Postby paulh » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:08 am

its quite simple....acquire by foul means or fair lots of the foldy stuff (drinking vouchers) and automatically you acquire lots of friends. Lose the foldy stuff and you automatically lose lots of the friends. There is another category with a similar name....true friend......which is not influenced by the foldy stuff (well not much)

As for sending non bills in the post...come off it, what was email invented for?

On a more serious note Royal Mail workers have just started a strike so any timescales will be mucked about for the near future but not sure if their strike would affect post to/from Dublin
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6251932.stm

andheath

Postby andheath » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:01 am

I got lots of the foldy stuff but not many friends, probably because I dress a bit scruffy. You know the sort of thing, wrong sizes from Oxfam and a bit of string for a belt, etc.

Best thing to do is to post yourself a load letters from the airport and then when you arrive in Crete you will be there in plenty of time to receive them and your new neighbors will think you have loads of friends.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

paulh

Postby paulh » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:36 am

on the contrary my dear friend (well if the bit about having lots of foldy stuff was true)....your letters posted at the airport will go to some city central sorting office where they will swamped by millions of bills and there they will sit because of the strike, further away than when you first posted them.

You on the other hand will not know this and will be hanging around postal delivery centres wondering why you are getting no mail, locals will notice you hanging around and begin to talk about the mad scot hanging around said delivery centres. "What is he waiting for they will ask each other" "its not as though dressed like that he could have any friends"...it will go. "Maybe he is waiting for his bills" someone will suggest...ahhh they will suddenly agree yes he must be mad....after all he is scottish and everyone knows they run naked over the hills at midsummer!!!

Nuff sed

andheath

Postby andheath » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:04 am

Mad me. Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaah HaAhhhhhhhhhhhhHAH HA HA AHHAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhH
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

Return to “Chatter”