Hello Everyone!

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Lovin'Crete

Hello Everyone!

Postby Lovin'Crete » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:33 pm

Hi to everyone, this is my first post so please be nice! :P

My name is Lindy, I live in SW Scotland. I adore Greece, esp Crete. Was just wondering - although i'm 31 years young - would someone, anyone who lives in Greece like to adopt me?? Please? :lol:

Lovin'Crete

Postby Lovin'Crete » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:43 pm

Oh dear :? I wasn't serious, just an ice breaker. Would've been nice just to have a couple of hello's :roll:

paulh

Postby paulh » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:25 am

Good morning LC, don't fret you just chose the wrong day to introduce yourself. Carolina whose board it is, whilst probably not offering to adopt you would certainly have welcomed you but she is off traveling starting yesterday.

Me,? As moderator I suppose I should have but as I was extremely busy on none computing things so I wasn't as near a keyboard as I normally am. Plus I am a Yorkshireman and we tend to follow the "you are here so whats the problem" school of introduction...or maybe thats just me!

As for the adoption bit, when my wife cooks special Greek things for me, as she frequently does, I prefer to relax and enjoy the food instead of spending the whole time wondering where exactly the powdered glass is hidden. Its just one of those little things you pick up on when married to a Greek.

So Lindy tell us a little about where you know in Crete and or Greece but don't worry if it's a few days before people respond as it goes that way sometimes. Other times posts can run faster than a chat room.

Selena

Postby Selena » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Hi there and welcome! I am very new myself having decided to transfer from another unnamed forum after being sick of reading people bitching at each other.

I would love to adopt you but unfortunately I have my hands full with 9 month old twins so maybe in a few years! I'm living in Stalis by the way and running a restaurant by the sea. Been here on and off for 8 years working as well as a few holidays before that...

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:42 pm

Sorry Lindy. I was half way through typing a post offering to adopt you when Jeana caught me. I have been suffering from a sore head since then. Good luck.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:01 pm

Welcome,

I can't adopt you but I'm free from next Tuesday for one week only as 'Er Indoors is off to the UK for a parental visit.

Filippos.

PS Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovin'Crete

Postby Lovin'Crete » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:17 am

:D Thank you everyone, was worried I had stumbled across a rather unfriendly forum after noticing so many people had read my post but not one person said hello. :lol:

I have holidayed in Corfu, Kassiopi, but I was only 10 years old so don't remember very much. My brother revisited recently & said it has changed very much.
My Mum talked me into having a holiday in Crete about 5 years ago, she & my Dad along with several family members & friends are regular visitors to the island. I just fell head over heels instantly. I love the atmosphere, the music, the people.... everything but the food - i'm a terrible eater :roll:
I have returned to Crete 3 times since, not enough but it's the only place in the world I truly wish to go. I really hope to live there one day.
I know the area of Gouves - Koutouloufari a little, especially Gouves, & have been in Stalis very briefly.

Selena - how wonderful! Little twinnies! My Mum is an identical twin, so there is always the possibility it will happen to me too :D You must be absolutely exhausted between the twins & the restaurant, you're so lucky :D

Warwick, I do hope your head is better now, thank you for trying anyway :wink:

Filippos, I haven't had an offer like that since.... well.... never! :lol:

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:12 pm

Lovin'Crete wrote:.... everything but the food .....

Heresy! Heresy! To the rack with her!

Warwick (120 kg and rising)

paulh

Postby paulh » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:36 pm

Kilkis wrote:
Lovin'Crete wrote:.... everything but the food .....

Heresy! Heresy! To the rack with her!

ok now its getting interesting....can I help Warwick pleeeeeez.....obviously I'll have to get a new rubber outfit, the full diving suit would look silly and the French maid outfit wouldn't really be in keeping. Just one itsy bitsy turn of the wheel pleeeeeez

And there's no Carol around to tell me off either!

Phaedra

Postby Phaedra » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:39 pm

Kilkis wrote:
Warwick (120 kg and rising)

So, I can expect fairly bland food ???? Best not bring the Glenmorangie then??

:twisted: :wink:

Well, Lovin, if you don't like the Crete cuisine (and what is there about it not to like?) you're moving to the wrong place. A rethink is in order.

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi Lovin'

Welcome to the board! Sorry about the food, but keep trying and eventually you will find some things to like! There is more to Cretan cuisine than Mousakka and chips.....why even Baccybabs enjoys her snails :shock:

Warwick, I was under the impression you were a Gin man!! Will be in touch with you and Jean in the next week or so when I am over!

Kathleen

paulh

Postby paulh » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Lovin'Crete wrote::D Thank you everyone, was worried I had stumbled across a rather unfriendly forum after noticing so many people had read my post but not one person said hello.

The reason for that is it's only members who can post a reply but Guests of course can read a thread and that will add to the number of times read.

Lovin'Crete

Postby Lovin'Crete » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:54 pm

*I hereby retract this post because.... I can.

& because it wasn't very nice, unlike me :lol:

To Paul....

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :twisted: :wink:
Last edited by Lovin'Crete on Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Selena

Postby Selena » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:30 am

ooh dont get upset Lovin, some people just dont read their posts through to see how it sounds, or they are just silly. of course liking the food is not a prerequisite to loving crete. i only like some of it. i dont like squid but it doesnt mean im leaving the country! you are very welcome here, please pm me if you like and i will chat away with you about crete all day!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:44 am

I think a red cardinal's cape and hat would be more appropriate Paul. Of course, what you wear under it is entirely up to you.

Warwick

PS Lindy, you will find that there are a few of us who rarely (never?) use those stupid little faces to indicate our true intentions. You will just have to make a guess as to when we are joking.

Return to “Chatter”