Hi

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
Debs

Hi

Postby Debs » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:30 pm

I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone who uses this forum. Its great to know that we all have one thing in common - a love of Crete.
So glad I came across this site, full of useful info.
I have been to Crete for my summer holiday with my family for the past 3 years. We always stay at the same hotel - Minos Mare Platanias near Rethymno. The staff and location are superb.
I absolutely love Crete :D - I can`t get enough of it. We have made some good Greek friends and my ultimate aim is to live there one day.
I have just started my second year at night school learning Greek. Its was great this year while we were out there as I practised speaking Greek and I was understood!! Normally I practise on my kids and you can imagine their reaction.

Anyway thats enough of me rattling on.

Always dreaming of Crete!
Always dreaming of Crete
Debbie

Retired in Crete

Postby Retired in Crete » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:43 pm

Welcome Debs,

What do you think of the food?

John

paulh

Postby paulh » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:10 pm

mr subtle strikes again

(made me laugh though)

Lovin'Crete

Postby Lovin'Crete » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:04 am

Hiya Debbie :D

Laugh?? I almost wet myself :roll:

Prepare for the worst Debbie :wink:

Selena

Postby Selena » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:27 am

maybe we should drop the food joke now, it is funny but if its misunderstood its not?

welcome debs i am hoping to be a regular here too, usually lurk though :)

im living the other side of the island in stalis...

paulh

Postby paulh » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:07 am

Sorry Selena but I reckon the food thingy has now passed into the annals of folk history here and even LC's got to be laughing at it a little bit.

Not bad for a new joiner LC, even Kenny the Plank(KTP) didn't manage to do that as quickly.

Its also possibly one of the things that keeps this board "fresh" in that we are all prepared to laugh at ourselves and others but in a nice way. That doesn't mean it's ok to continually pick on someone though.......wheres the line?....not sure but I'll know and say if it's getting OTT

Welcome Debbie, it's not totally mad here but it does have it's phases, laugh, get some info, ask a question if you need it but above all enjoy the board.

Debs

A bit bemused!!

Postby Debs » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:38 pm

Hi again,

Big thanks to everyone who welcomed me to the forum. I am now sitting here slowly turning green with jealousy wishing I was actually in Crete.

Is the food joke about the Minos Mare menu?
I can honestly say the food issue has never been a problem for me. There is always something there I like unless they have fish which I not keen on. This year they have a new chef who was giving demos during the day on how to cook traditional Cretan dishes and then in the evening he would be in the restaurant cooking a particular dish. All were very tasty. He even made some special desserts for a family who had an allergy to milk.

I`m not sure what the problems have been - please enlighten me.
Always dreaming of Crete

Debbie

paulh

Postby paulh » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:18 pm

No problems just less than subtle references back to previous posts...read back if you want, it loses something if it's retold.

All part of the game and no not aimed at any particular establishment.

Debs

Postby Debs » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:50 pm

Thanks Paul - I get the picture will read previous posts as suggested.
New to the game sorry :?
Always dreaming of Crete

Debbie

Kilkis

Re: A bit bemused!!

Postby Kilkis » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:46 pm

Debs wrote:... unless they have fish which I not keen on...

Get the red cape out, Paul, we're in business again.

Warwick
Official Food Police and Dress Advisor (Acting - Unpaid)

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi Debs

Welcome to the board!

Good to hear you are a fan of the Minos Mare, I have never stayed there personally, but used to stay regularly at the family's other hotel in Kalithea, The Minos. I remember when the Mare was going to be built, and the owner and his wife spent a month travelling around Spain to get a feel of how things were done over there!

I now have a home near Platanes, which, since we both still work full time in UK, can only be used for holidays, Mind you I have had nine weeks across this year so it is not all bad news - though you do find you wish your life away between visits.

Just ignore the chaps occasionally - they do have their moments. You learn to live with them and none of them actually bite to the best of my knowledge. :wink:

Kathleen

paulh

Postby paulh » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:27 pm

Kilkis wrote:
Debs wrote:... unless they have fish which I not keen on...

Get the red cape out, Paul, we're in business again.

Warwick
Official Food Police and Dress Advisor (Acting - Unpaid)

quite so....now I've got to get my motivation right here.....originally I had seen myself as a sort of Cardinal Richelieu in rubber but I must say it's getting to feel like Tomas de Torquemada would be more apt and then I'd get to wear one of those tall pointy hats....decisions decisions....and to think I came to Crete to relax

And Kathleen I refer you to the last post on this thread http://www.livingincrete.net/board/view ... light=line
(after all a man's got to have hobbies)

Lovin'Crete

Postby Lovin'Crete » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:25 pm

Debs wrote:
Is the food joke about the Minos Mare menu?

I`m not sure what the problems have been - please enlighten me.

Can we please just delete all my posts completely & start again? I can see that I am never gonna be able to live this down on here :lol:

paulh

Postby paulh » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:45 am

Sorry no can do

if we allowed people to start again we'd lose all sorts of interesting post like Nita' posing au naturelle on Agia Marina beach in the middle of the night. Not that we remember such things of course!

Remember it takes 2 minutes to get a label and 2 years to lose it. Never is a word we can associate with. :)

cheers paul

Retired in Crete

Postby Retired in Crete » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:30 am

Kathleen wrote:Just ignore the chaps occasionally - they do have their moments. You learn to live with them and none of them actually bite to the best of my knowledge. :wink:

Kathleen

I have been known to bite - when I can find my teeth!!

John

Return to “Chatter”