Sitia Airport

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
filippos

Re: Sitia Airport

Postby filippos » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Loretta9 wrote:... It all started a few years ago when I booked a trip to Dublin

Don't we all just know it.

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:04 pm

I detect a slight acidity in your tone of message. So sad when I read all of your threads and posts with not one scintilla of prejudgement having never met you. Oh well ... each to their own.

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:28 pm

Loretta9 wrote:So sad when I read all of your threads and posts with not one scintilla of prejudgement .....
Perhaps because I refrain from wittering on about something unfortunate that happened ages ago and about which I've decided I can do nothing to rectify. 'Dog' and 'bone' come to mind but the bone's long gone.

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:03 am

Just cant get one by you filipos. Should have said "well known Irish airline" you would never have guessed who I meant.

DJ

Postby DJ » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:07 am

Haven't posted for some time but, as an annual visitor to Palekastro, I do keep an eye on the forum. In one sense it is good to see the new terminal open (I did rather like the old one) but I do fear that this may speed up the Minoan Group's plans for golf courses and hotels set in the peace and quiet (currently) of the Cavo Sidero area.

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:54 pm

DJ wrote:Haven't posted for some time but, as an annual visitor to Palekastro, I do keep an eye on the forum. In one sense it is good to see the new terminal open (I did rather like the old one) but I do fear that this may speed up the Minoan Group's plans for golf courses and hotels set in the peace and quiet (currently) of the Cavo Sidero area.

My thoughts exactly ....jeff....

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:46 pm

Mine too, and I'm almost as far away as one can get.

George

Postby George » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:16 am

Oh no you're not......... :D

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:33 am

I emailed http://www.forumforthefuture.org/blog/c ... ism-debate to ask them if they have any info about the new cavo sidero project but I ain't had any answer yet ...the article I link to is from 2008 ...jeff

SteveH

Postby SteveH » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:24 pm

You got me interested too Jeff. It looks like the Cavo Sidero development by Minoan group, is still on the cards...

Greece
The political and financial situation in Greece has been documented in detail throughout the British and
International media. Although the worst of the crisis seems to have passed, and the recent Parliamentary
votes have been in favour of the new agreement with creditors, it is possible that there may be further
hitches before final agreement on the detail is forthcoming.

In the meantime the Government is making major efforts to secure new investment in the country and
various Ministers have stated publicly that foreign investment is a priority.

The fact that the Group’s project has the unanimous approval of the Draft Presidential Decree by a Plenum of the Greek Council of State should not be forgotten. Given this, and once normal Government activities
resume, I expect to be able to confirm progress with the granting of the Presidential Decree.

As soon as possible after this I will give shareholders a more detailed update on the Group’s plans.

From here.

With the way the worlds economy is performing, who knows.

Steve.
Last edited by SteveH on Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

altohb

Postby altohb » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:30 pm

I'm hoping that we don't start the round of arguments about Cavo Sidero again! It got rather bad tempered last time, iirc. :shock:

The good news is that there seem to be a reasonable number of tourists around in Sitia at the moment - whether they have flown directly here or via Heraklion. The majority will be in small hotels/self catering rather than on an AI package in the one large hotel in the town, so that's even better news for local people.

Return to “Chatter”