Anyone for Golf?

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
crete4us

Anyone for Golf?

Postby crete4us » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Is there anyone out there who plays Golf?

I have a friend who is having golf withdrawl symptoms, driving his wife crazy, divorce courts looming - if he doesn't get to play golf soon.

So if anybody is willing to take him to the nearest course pronto, let me know as soon as!!

I personally don't understand his obsession, but then if somebody was to take away my guitar................

He is willing to travel far and wide for his "addiction" so please help.

PM for contact details

K. 8)
One life - one dream - GO for it !!

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:36 am

I know how he feels but it is possible to get over it. About twenty years ago I practically lived on golf courses Out at sun up most days summer and winter and never mind the weather - snapping people's heads off if I missed a day. Got to low single figures [if you're not a golfer your friend will know what that means], won a few pots ...

Trouble was the business started to suffer - boss away and all that ... I found it impossible to cut down so it was decision time; give up or the business does a Titanic. Sold the clubs and all the other kit.

Withdrawal symptoms? Giving up ciggies was child's play by comparison but after a year the only times I really missed it was when the big tournaments were on but even that got easier and for the last 17/18 I haven't thought about starting again. Many far more interesting things to do. In the last 10 years I don't suppose I've watched more than a handful of tournaments on TV - none for the last six years as we don't have TV here [and that's something else I haven't missed].

You can get over it.

jimbolou

Postby jimbolou » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:14 pm

Nooooooooooooooooo, any topic but Golf please guys. :lol:

Thats it Andheath will now confirm that the Scots invented Golf. This will open up a debate and then there will be tears and tantrums before bedtime.....mark my words. :twisted:
Can we please have a sports section on the forum where this topic can be discussed along with real sports like ....football, boxing etc. Can we have a poll on that :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
whats for you wont go by you

crete4us

Postby crete4us » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:58 pm

Filippos - I understand where you are coming from, He's not ready to give up yet, He is still weak in mind and body, a very sad sight indeed!!

Jimbolou - A very kind offer my friend, a whole section just to discuss the "Golf problem", I just don't think it would be fair on the other members to inflict them with this.

Having met Andheath he just doesn't seem the type to have tears or tantrums before or after bedtime, but then maybe it's a Scottish thing?

Back to the question, does no-one out there play golf or even know someone who does?

K. 8)
One life - one dream - GO for it !!

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:49 am

jimbolou wrote:Can we please have a sports section on the forum where this topic can be discussed ...

Ermmm ... no!

altohb

Postby altohb » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:14 am

Please, please no sport - good to know there is one place where I can escape it!

H

jimbolou

Postby jimbolou » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:25 pm

Thank god you said no.... if you really thought i wanted a sports section then you need your bumps felt. :x
Sport is to be played, watched and then discussed face to face in a pub.not on line! :roll:
whats for you wont go by you

Return to “Chatter”