Referendum (2) SPLIT from "Too good to be true?" post

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
Loretta9

Re: Referendum (2) SPLIT from "Too good to be true?" post

Postby Loretta9 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:30 pm

(1) Cameron is the UK Prime Minister. (2) Cameron leads the "remain" camp. (3) Cameron (was strongly in favour of leaving EU. (4) Cameron went to Brussels spouting and prancing about like a man of no substance. (5) Cameron did the... look at me I am doing a Thatcher, I am tough.
(6) Cameron said he got a multi-faceted package deal from Brussels. (7) Cameron repeats this lie every single day. (8) Cameron is a LIAR.

Cameron got NOTHING from Brussels... I repeat ... NOTHING. So why do you "remain" voters support an outright LIAR. A duplicitous person with contempt for integrity shown in the way he speaks to the UK people.
Why has NOT one "remain" voter answered my claim - Cameron got nothing from Brussels ? Is it because I am right or because YOU follow an absolute LIAR A man in the position of Prime Minister of UK .. do you not expect better. I do.

Istronian

Postby Istronian » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:47 pm

nigeljackson5 wrote:So "Istronian", I fully appreciate your comment that you were bowing out, but would have been more sympathetic had you quoted the whole of the sentence attributed. Unfortunately, but by no means surprisingly, this lasted all of 9 hours

You attack me because I want to bow out, you then do the same when I come back to respond to your taunts.

You attack me and disparage the source of posted links. You attack the messengers and not the message. A sure sign you have lost the argument!

Unlike you, I admit that “the other side” have some valid points (see my post re healthcare), are you so blind that you cannot see any advantages to leaving? There are plus and minus points being made by both sides. It is up to each person to form their opinion of the validity of what each side is saying and how it affects them and future generations and vote accordingly. I have voted to leave, you vote however you want. This is what democracy is about, the majority opinion prevailing.

Ian

nigeljackson5

Postby nigeljackson5 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Istronian, I think paranoia is setting in. old boy. I would say "calm down" , just as Farage said recently, in the televised debate, to a black lady, but would find that far too patronising
In no way have I attacked anyone, I have just set out a series of facts, something that most of the leave campaign have failed to do. I have invited people to prove those facts wrong. I have also asked questions, to which, I have not as yet received a reply form any of the leave campaign
Hysterical "You attack" comments from you, I think, speak for themselves

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:48 pm

Loretta9 note Warwicks balanced view, obviously because he has more than 15 years out he has no vote, but if he had note his reply..............
Dave H

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Kilkis wrote:I wouldn't really describe my position as neutral. I would vote remain if I had a vote. While I fully admit that is partly self interest it is not entirely down to that. I recognise much that is wrong with the EU, although some of the rhetoric here simply demonstrates misunderstanding of how the EU operates. Despite its faults, I simply think that as long as it exists we are better off in than out,

Warwick

See Warwicks reply Loretta9...........Plain English still spoken here.
Dave H

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:08 pm

M2C > I look at this from the stance of living in Britain, not from some gains were I a resident of Crete. In Britain, I vote for my constituency MP, whoever that is and whoever wins I get Schultz and his mates who ride the merry go round of self-perpetuating growing personal bank balance while Greek people die in their hundreds month in month out because of austerity policies. I can not support such a bunch of fascists.

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:14 pm

M2C > May I politely ask that you address my comments earlier posted ar 7.30 pm. It must be very easy to deal with especially as it is YOUR "remain" leader asserting the "Brussels Package Deal" as the backbone of his "remain" argument.

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:34 pm

Loretta9, We no longer live in Britain and have not for 10 years, we look at it purely from our perspective as Living full time in or adopted country Crete/ Greece so self preservation is our objective, obviously your perspective differs from ours because as I can only presume as you refuse to say, that you do not live totally here and therefore do not rely as we do on the status quo...............
Dave H

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:51 am

M2C > I did not say I don't live in Crete nor did I say I do. Why would my vote alter depending on where I am based? That surely would make me selfish ad only look at te matter for my own interests. I don't judge those who do. I am opposed to an anti-democracy Soviet-style committee running the UK. I can not be in favour of that just based on moving residency ? That would make me a person with no principle. Anyway, I don't disrespect your stance o or your opinions, I hold to free speech as a matter of principle and I mean FREE SPEECH.
That said I wonder if I can draw you to my last matter on Cameron >>>> ????

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:37 am

Loretta9 wrote:Is it because I am right or because YOU follow an absolute LIAR A man in the position of Prime Minister of UK .. do you not expect better. I do.

You just don't get it do you? They are ALL liars to one degree or another so that's not a criterion for taking one side or the other!
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

mouche

Postby mouche » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 am

Everybody is a liar? Hmmm......

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:53 am

I wonder, Loretta, if you listened to the Queen's speech in parliament? Could you tell me which parts of the legislative programme described in that speech were dictated by Brussels? Personnally I couldn't care less what Cameron says or does. I have no interest in his ideas nor those of Major, Blair, Gove, Farage, or Johnson. I base my opinion on remain/leave on my own understanding of how the EU works. I am not supporting either side. I am making a rational judgement based on balance of probabilities.

It would be much better if Cameron concentrated on actally applying laws effectively. Take migration. If the government implemented an effective system to implement the EU rules on migration within the EU, the market would take care of the rest. I trust the market, with all its faults, much more than government. I don't want a communist style command and control economy as the UK is developing.

I don't care where the laws are made. I am more concerned with what those laws say. Based on the few examples I have studied, the laws coming out of Brussels are a lot more sensible and fit for purpose than those drawn up in Westminster.

Warwick

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:14 am

Well said Warwick, the truth is there to see............
Dave H

Istronian

Postby Istronian » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:44 am

moved 2 crete wrote: we look at it purely from our perspective as Living full time in or adopted country Crete/ Greece so self preservation is our objective, .....

I am quite keen on self preservation as well!

However, I think of earlier generations who gave their lives in two world wars so that Great Britain would not be governed from abroad. My grandfathers and my father put their lives on the line for the freedoms we have today and I cannot betray their memory by giving everything they fought for away.
I am at a total loss to understand how Cameron can attend the Cenotaph memorial services and visit the war graves in Normandy and then go against everything they stood for. “At the setting of the sun we will remember them” What a joke!

His concentration on the economic benefits just shows to me that he knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Kilkis wrote: I don't want a communist style command and control economy as the UK is developing. Warwick

....... but this is exactly what the EU has become, it is even structured just like the failed Russian communist system

Ian

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:22 pm

As I expected, no one in the "remain" camp has addressed my comments ref Cameron and that old adage - "they are all liars" had to come out eventually.
The process of creating law is the important factor. I can cite good laws emanating from the EC secret meetings. I can cite bad law emanating from Westminster. Why assume kilkis that I am not aware of that? In a democracy, we can not all get what we want.
As for the queens speech... she has to, of course, speak the words of the elected government. Rather says it all really.

Return to “Archive”