Even more late night thoughts from Sitia

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
andheath

Even more late night thoughts from Sitia

Postby andheath » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:45 am

Lynne, thanks this is because of you.

I did get a little pissed off but I am not the only one, the Guru has also gone quiet so my motivation may be sympathetic. The boring poster has no relevance as his post is just that but to be attacked by a snail is entertaining. Viva la France.

I still can not get my head around the Greek issue with Macedonia, I listen to Paul and I discuss in depth with my Greek friends, but still I linger on surely the pensions / bins are more important.

Topdriller, you have become more interesting, you waffle less and are a bit snappier. I have started to like you. Still glad I don't have to see your face here. The dog thing and doing comparisons with UK stories doesn't work as I live in Crete. ( And I never went back, I lied, do your research).

Ray, nice spat with Jean but my aren't you sensitive. Glad you both sorted it out. Like the Zorba stuff and I think it is brilliant you got RIC off his arse and out to Matala. I always new he was a retired hippie.

I would love to talk about Cretan estate agents but the thing is if you are going to play this game you can't make too many enemies. So far we have bought two houses and a plot of land. The first house I am doing all the right (legal things) the second the opposite. Interesting comparisons here. The land is parked for now but it has to be better than money in the bank.

Liverpool will beat Arsenal over two legs.

Too many people in Sitia know who I am so I think I am going to have to change my ID as it is hard to be the old me.

Cava Sidero will happen and it is quite funny to see me quoted on the subject as though I am some sort of authority. Do not people realize after all this time I tell lies. This year, next year, but it will happen. Sorry Ray and the others but that is the way. The wealth of Northern Europe seek investment in sunshine and the wealthy masses will follow. Our hope is that it is sympathetic and Malia remains Malia (Sorry Lynne).

A friend visited the UK for Christmas and brought us back 10 boxes of mushy peas.

We have had some bad times adjusting and it has been difficult at times. However we have just celebrated our 31st. Wedding Anniversary, the diamond I bought H was too small so she has taken it back to the Jeweler and ordered a bigger one. My best pal from Scotland arrives four weeks tomorrow. The Greek lessons are going very well.

Sitia is the best kept secret in the western world, the people are so nice and we have made so many good friends here. All is good.

Good night, God bless.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

andheath

Postby andheath » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:46 am

P.S. I have still not touched a drop of Whisky since last October.

nemhacese

Postby nemhacese » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:01 am

I realise you tell lies because Arsenal will win.

Julie

Nita

Postby Nita » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:34 am

Welcome back Andy I thought you'd taken umbridge!! - although a wee lass told me you were still alive and kicking!!

Congrats to you and H on your recent anniversary.

paulh

Postby paulh » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:47 am

just odd points

everyone gets p***ed off with posting now and again and take a break of varying lengths so nothing strange in that

this is recent, not too dry and might put a bit of flesh on the Macedonian problem http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/news/ ... ?aid=94485
(though it does get a bit heavy later on in the article)

As for the pension related problems. Either the unions win and the pension schemes collapse in 12 or 15 years time and nobody gets paid or the unions lose in which case they are losing money and causing aggro for nothing now. Simple economics says you cannot have people retiring at 40 on 28 thousand euros per annum for the rest of their lives. (and that is the actual pension agreement of one of my relatives in Athens)

paul

Topdriller

Postby Topdriller » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:58 am

Andy,

Read your Cretan adventure (saga) and found it obseravational and in parts highly entertaining. However, I would not call it either short or snappy. Pot / kettle perhaps?

Glad you stuck it out though, Jimbo would have been devastated had you not been here on his arrival. I just hope you're a "blue nose" because he has a season ticket for Parkhead.

As to research re your movements - I may be warming to you but please don't confuse that with caring :P

Jon

lshall05

Re: Even more late night thoughts from Sitia

Postby lshall05 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:45 am

andheath wrote:Lynne, thanks this is because of you.

I didn't do much! What are friends for? We were missing you!! :wink:

andheath wrote:I still can not get my head around the Greek issue with Macedonia, I listen to Paul and I discuss in depth with my Greek friends, but still I linger on surely the pensions / bins are more important.

Neither can I, although I did read something that someone on explore crete posted, which helped a bit! I think it was this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Macedonia

andheath wrote:Liverpool will beat Arsenal over two legs.

All I can say to that is I hope Chelsea get through to play either one of these teams or my hubby is not going to be a happy chappy!!

andheath wrote:Too many people in Sitia know who I am so I think I am going to have to change my ID as it is hard to be the old me.

What about Jock the Mad Jock!! :lol:

andheath wrote:Our hope is that it is sympathetic and Malia remains Malia (Sorry Lynne).

That's fine with me Andy, at least it will give us somewhere on the East of the island to go to if we want to get away from it all (not that we'll be able to do that during the season)!! Malia's not so bad in the winter!

Congrats to you both on your wedding anniversary, may you have many more in Crete!!
Living in Crete!!

Ray

Postby Ray » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:08 pm

Hi Andy, interesting thoughts. You may be pleased to know that I have just posted some unique film of Hania (sorry it is not Sitia) on my website. Believe it or not, this film was taken well before tourism in 1961.

Now you can see some of the Crete that I first saw when I came here in 1966. It is excellent and ten minutes long.

All the best

Ray

Nita

Postby Nita » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:31 pm

Ray wrote:... I have just posted some unique film of Hania (sorry it is not Sitia) on my website. Believe it or not, this film was taken well before tourism in 1961.

Fantastic footage Ray, what a contrast to the Chania of today!! Will have to show Kiriakos, although he would only have been a small boy then I'm sure it will evoke many memories.

andheath

Postby andheath » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:16 pm

Well to say I am happy with the result would be something of an understatement. Poor Arsenal destined to win nothing again, and I am sure Wenger "will have seen nothing".

nemhacese, you see my lies are selective. Liverpool to beat Arsenal over two legs was a promise.

If you ask nicely I can let you have next weeks lottery numbers.

Return to “Archive”