Dick's 85'th Birthday bash

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
andheath

Dick's 85'th Birthday bash

Postby andheath » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:09 am

Hi

Just got home from Dick's 85th. Birthday bash at "Tavern Platia". The guy is an absolute star, I call him Uncle Albert because he has a beard, has spent many years at sea and because he tells the most outrageous tales.

He moved here with his wife a couple of years ago because his daughter was here. In July they celebrate their Diamond Wedding Anniversary. If there was ever a prize for the way to age in style Dick and Eve have got to be the winners.

Dick and I are competing to see who can grow their hair the longest. I hope I have his hair when I am 85 (he has 35 years on me). He has also said he his coming down the harbor on the next lads night out when we go to watch the "Pool" thump Arsenal. Should be a good night.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

Ray

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:46 am

I love that.

You know when you're 85 you don't give a sh*t about anything. I love people like Dick. I have a friend here is only a mere 75, but he lives life like it is just beginning. I am only a tiny 61, but even I care less and less about attitudes and opinions and all the stuff that so many British people are caught up in.

I have loads of opinions, but you know, they change all the time. Years ago I would have an opinion or an idea and I would defend it to the end. Today I find politicians and any other authorities whatever they are as people who care less for me than themselves. So sod them all.

Give Dick a very happy birthday from me and I hope that his god goes with him, wherever that may be.

Ray

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:09 am

Ray wrote:... I hope that his god goes with him, wherever that may be.

Ray
Isn't that a misquote of Dave Allen?

Ray

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:13 am

Probably, who cares?

Take care

Ray

Return to “Archive”