The Scottish Invasion -The story so far...update

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
jimbolou

The Scottish Invasion -The story so far...update

Postby jimbolou » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Well thats me and Louise officially homeless and living with her mother. :lol:

Moved out of oor wee hoos on friday and into mamas place.Then i took all our belonging down to Sussex on Monday to put them on the delivery lorry.....nice journey on my own.

So far its all good , the home cooking is exellent not that louise is a bad cook just that mama is great with the old pots and pans thing. Plus this living out of a box and case thing is a nightmare.....brings back memories of a former life..oooooooh scary.
So far our Thomas Cook flight time has changed by a hour, just found out today via email, just as well i checked.

So the Scottish invasion is still on target..... Happy days

Jim :lol:
whats for you wont go by you

andheath

Postby andheath » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Gers 2 Lisbon 0 it just keeps getting better.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

jimbolou

Postby jimbolou » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:14 pm

:twisted: thanks for that, that cheered me up :lol:

Jim

jimbolou

Postby jimbolou » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:11 pm

I am still alive , havent quite kicked the bucket yet, the invasion has been completed. I arrived i got caught up in the red tape and gmt....i have dismanteled the wall that was built to keep me oot, oh and by the way we are the champions..cmon the hoops and RIC is the new karaoke king, trust me ive heard the man.....elvis and frank sinatra and the rest eat your heart oot he can carry a tune and not in a bucket.

Jim

jimbolou

Postby jimbolou » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Well Scotland has well and truelly taken over Istron. Well thats my opinion...but what the hell i am biased.

Gettin closer to the one year on the island and so far its all we wanted and hoped it would be. We have made many new friends as well as cementing the old ones....RIC you know you love me....dont you!

Still working for the same Greek company...fun fun fun travelling around the island maintaining petrol stations, great in the summer but not so good in the winter....its cold up in the mountains, but being Scottish its always shorts and tee shirts all year round.....AYE RITE!!!.

Been caught up in the old Greek red tape bureaucracy...more fun when we bought the new car, but got throught it..despite me threatening to kill some people in the queue at the local Police station in Irapetra. We have learned our lesson .....Just!
The current economic climate has effected us all....work has dropped off a wee bit but hoping for a change soon.

The year ended with a real high.....i am now a grandad! my first grandson was born on the 15th December 2008 in Glasgow, ive been to see him...3 flights but worth every penny and the 10 days i spent with him will live with me forever,and hopefully my daughter will be bringing him here in June ....cant wait!

Hoopy days, up the celts and may god bless you and all who sail in you.

Jim :lol:

Return to “Archive”