Well the roof came off today

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
andheath

Well the roof came off today

Postby andheath » Fri May 30, 2008 12:06 am

Arrived Crete September 2007, contact on promising pile of stones completed 23rd. December 2007. Weeks of research and Engineers and prices, a building licience application, endless builders and their weird and wonderful quotes.

Weeks of deliberation, procrastination all mainly mine. Not one to jump in and I want to know how this thing works. Six weeks of visitors and Gjon.

Contracts made, last minute panics like "Don't use that builder" thanks K and the quest for the electricity connection.

I am pleased to announce the roof came off today despite Sitia's best engineer arriving late and shouting "stop" at 7.30 this morning. Greek sense of humor!!!!

To my many friends in Sitia "thanks we have entered the abyss willingly despite the warnings"
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

Hudson

Postby Hudson » Fri May 30, 2008 5:51 am

Congratulations Andy you have now entered the second phase of the initiation for membership of the "Was it all worth it" Yes!" club.

Have you learned the mantra yet? If not here it is:-

Relax, Be patient (not to be confuesed with being a patient - that could come later), This is Greece, Don't worry, You need to make a paper.., and Remeber this is Crete. Got it?

So now repeat, at least 20 times a day...

Relax, Be patient, This is Greece, Don't worryYou need to make a paper.., and Remeber this is Crete.

Now the fun really begins hahahahahahahaha.

Hey you guys in white coats what are you doing? Put me down! Put me down! No, I don't want to go back in there!

Return to “Archive”