For andheath - beer delivery cretan style

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
latsida

For andheath - beer delivery cretan style

Postby latsida » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:51 pm

maybe you remember that my partner has his beer delivered.
well last week he had run out so he met the local contact in the village ,who said he would order fresh supplies.
the next day the same guy delivered the beer himself,seems he had to go into town so thought he would pick them up then.
we paid him for the two crates.
next day two more arrived,we guessed what had happened,the depot obviously did not realise they had already been taken and delivered two more.
we saw him in the taberna and paid him for them,however the next day two more appeared on the doorstep,obviously my partner's greek was incomprehensible and the guy thought that we wanted two more,so back to the taberna to try to pay and explain,however he did not have any change and so said "avrio".
next day -yes you guessed it- two more on the doorstep.
we now had 8 crates and had paid for 4 so they only way to stop the deliveries was to write a note in greek trying to explain.
eventually we got the message through ,and we are now "square"

andheath

Postby andheath » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:22 pm

This is a fantastic story and brings me both joy and dismay. It is nearly a year since we arrived in Crete and it is heart warming to know that there are people out there who have an understanding of life changing priorities.

Beer delivery is something I have aimed for since you first explained your privileged lifestyle but so far it has proved impossible here in the far east, not only that I have still failed to achieve on price.

The cheapest Amstell is now 73 cents for a 500cl bottle and the deposit on bottles and crates has increased also. Lucky for me I have an endless supply of empties from an unknown source and am therefore returning just about double what I consume, this gives me an extra 16 cents off a bottle :)

Cheers

p.s. I have now not touched Whisky (or any spirit) for 10 months.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

Return to “Archive”