Testing times

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
andheath

Testing times

Postby andheath » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:52 pm

I swore I would never post on this board again..................

However, I feel the need.

H is leaving me. Only for two weeks, well that's the plan. Having never traveled on her own she is really scared. It is Aegean from Heraklion to Athens and then Easyjet to Gatwick North, change to Gatwick South ( that's the bit that really scares her) and then Easyjet to Glasgow.

We have been LivinginCrete for 16 months now and I have really settled. I love Sitia, the people and the lifestyle but H has found it really hard, so I suppose this is a big test. Maybe she will go home to Scotland and it will reinforce everything she has been missing and she will not want to come back or maybe ( I hope) she will realize how good our life is here in Crete and be desperate to come back. We will have to wait and see.

The good news is when she does come back I get some square sausage and a Cadbury's Caramel bar. In the meantime it's me and the dogs. So lonely.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

The Adjectival LFB

Postby The Adjectival LFB » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:37 am

Yo Tosser, I Feel for you. Inter-planetary relations can be problematic at the best of times - hope this part of your life brings you both closer together.

Don't hark after UK drug food....

Regards, LFB.
Lowell, Frank and Townes - all gone now.

lshall05

Postby lshall05 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:33 am

Andy, I'm sure H will be fine!

I've changed from Gatwick South to Gatwick North on my own once before and it was fine. There's a little automatic train that goes between the 2 terminals. Gatwick's fairly well signposted and there's always been staff around when I've travelled.

Bet you're already looking forward to H getting back with your square sausage and Cadbury's Caramel!

Lynn
Living in Crete!!

paulh

Postby paulh » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Sorry Andheath I'm useless on the relationships front so no words from me there but I can say we are always pleased to see you anytime you care to post.

barris

Postby barris » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:35 pm

I wouldn't worry too much , it's baltic here at the moment and going by the media reports everyone is either shedding jobs or closing.
Very bleak indeed.
Enjoy the sausages and chocolate.

andheath

Postby andheath » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:48 pm

So we picked the best possible time for H's solo trip to the UK. Crete farmers on the rampage and the worst snowfall in London for 18 years. H was scared about the trip on her own anyway, now she is terrified.

The alarm is set for 5.30 (arrrgh) and we will just have to see what happens. I will get her to Heraklion airport, I hope. This is a girl who gets lost if turns round twice so God knows where she will end up. I have fitted a GPS tracker in her handbag so we should be able to find her again.

Good old UK I hope she hates it. Selfish I know but I like it here.

andheath

Postby andheath » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Well H made it, snow and all. I just had a call, she arrived in Glasgow and is headed for Pizza hut in Hamilton. That is priorities for you. Meanwhile, sad lonely, old me is stuck with three dogs that miss their Mum.

Thanks to the guys in Istron who gave me breakfast and other unexpected entertainment this morning on the way back from the Airport.

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Cheer up, enjoy the warmer weather and have another Raki or two....or three, Andy :wink:

Kathleen

latsida

Postby latsida » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Glad she is OK hope you are not too lonely

Hudson

Postby Hudson » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:57 am

Glad to hear her trip went OK.

Two weeks of bachelorhood ahead, so now I suppose you'll be visiting all the Hot Spots of Sitia.

Suzi & John

H

Postby Suzi & John » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Dont think about missing H think about the good times ahead when she comes back :) thats what I am trying to do 16 days later and 22 days still to go :( Countdown well and truly started roll on the end LOL!!!

Suzi
Suzi & John :)

andheath

Postby andheath » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:55 am

So day 1 of my lonely existence. H has enjoyed an Indian take away this evening, with our son as it is his Birthday today. Indoors with a log fire as Scotland is minus something degrees. Meanwhile I have enjoyed beer and a Meza outdoors in Sitia, on the way home my car says it is still 14 degrees at 1.00 a.m.

Am I lonely? Yes. Am I envious? No. But the thought of an Indian take away conjures up all sorts of memories. Mr. Singh's at Charring Cross, now that was a good night out. Happy days.

Suzi & John

andheath we may fall OOT

Postby Suzi & John » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:57 am

Well you and me may well fall out andheath as now all I can think about is Mr Singh's at Charing Cross, the fantastic dishes and the great aromas.......when can I book a flight to Glasgow?????
Glad H is ok and I am sure the time will fly in :)
S
Suzi & John :)

andheath

Postby andheath » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:55 am

Home again, home again, jigerty jig.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Did you manage to get rid of the young Albanian girl before she got back?

Warwick

Return to “Archive”