the moment

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
paulh

the moment

Postby paulh » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am

No big deal just one of those moments where you realise how beautiful everything is.

To put it into context, I've always been a mad (distance) runner, doing it because I enjoyed it and it was easy and relaxed me. Ok when I got to 40 it took me about 20 mins to get my legs straight in the morning so I reckoned this was nature trying to tell me something and I switched to cycling. Even now I cycle at least 5 days in every week and this was yesterday evenings spin on the racing bike just around on Akrotiri.

I was heading west into the wind from the airport towards the fire extinguisher factory, turned north uphill towards the small radar station there and as I went over the top the low sun came through the trees and in front of me and lit up the land down to the north coast in a golden glow. Absolutely brilliant. The bike was riding well and I was moving smoothly and silently through the world, the wind was blowing giving an "elemental" feel to things and then this wonderful view spread below me.

It's a road I often use and nothing was new or a surprise it was just that everything came together and that thought...yes....goes across your mind and you realise how alive you are and good everything is.

paulh

Postby paulh » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:58 pm

For the benefit of NBPQ try this link

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/gr/akroti ... 2376958972 (it's a bit slow to load and needs adsl)

I'm sorry that I forgot to mention the thousands of olive trees (those dark green dots) and acres of arable land. I just presumed if anyone was petty enough to have an issue with it they would be capable of doing their own research. Apparently not.

I also forgot to put instructions in to keep breathing whilst reading the post yet you seem to have made the mental assumption that you should do so. Funny then that you couldn't make a similar mental jump to realise that the factory and the radar are isolated landmarks mentioned because they are isolated and so serve as reference points.

No matter, lets think it through a bit further, the post says I had passed the factory, that I was on the crest by the radar station, logically that means unless I have eyes in the back of my head that I was looking away from the "sunset over the sewage works" items. Hey but why let a little matter of thought get in the way of a snide post to show how clever one is.

Just a little bit nearer to home for you, just to keep it easy, have you noticed there have been no new members posting on your site for over a year now.

Ever considered that the membership mechanism might have been broken for over a year or are you just too busy trying to be clever by picking from other sites that you can't see what is happening on your own.

Whichever way you look at it it is a little bit dumb n'est pas. One might even say it was worthy of comment on your site.

Finally, forget the fiction of "Sunset over the sewage works" try reading "A Channel Passage" written in 1909 by Rupert Brooke. A lovely little poem about being seasick....now that's class!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri May 01, 2009 5:56 pm

The golden rule, Paul, is that if you don't want the p*** taking out of you don't visit that site.

Warwick

paulh

Postby paulh » Fri May 01, 2009 6:08 pm

ohhh I don't mind them extracting the excreta ...they have done so many times in the past and probably will in the future ......but it was very sloppily done in this case, exactly the sort of thing they themselves like to point out in others so maybe this will encourage them to get their act together

Hudson

Postby Hudson » Sat May 02, 2009 5:30 am

Have I missed something? Has something been deleted? Who or what is NBPQ?

paulh

Postby paulh » Sat May 02, 2009 8:29 am

Nothing deleted, nothing missed, just something elsewhere on the Internet.

Return to “Archive”