Some take the high road Some take the low road

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
cyprusbeachchef

Some take the high road Some take the low road

Postby cyprusbeachchef » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:21 pm

Tonight Sitia will be a better place?

I want people on the site to know that Andy fart pants (the tree stealer - official, as we got caught on the M73 5 years ago stealing trees), has booked and will be back in Sitia next Saturday Afternoon.

Donations greatly received as I have spent all my €10 talking to my best pal over his hiccup in the long road to his true dream.

I would personally like to thank from the bottom of my wallet Paul & Retiredincrete, for doing absoloutly nothing to help my best pal out in his hour of need.

Him being a true Scotsman may have come to his senses sooner or later as he has paid up front for a years rent, bought a brand new car and 120 olive trees, 60 of which belong to me - when I pay him that is.

The road to happiness is a long and hard one and the ones that make the jouney may stumble from time to time, but with their friends help they will stay on that road.

Please make cheques payable to cyprusbeachchef, C/O his Cypriot Bank Account with 44% going to the owners of LIC site.

p.s We will be having a BBQ in Sitia this Summer - p.m Andy for info

carlab

Postby carlab » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:48 pm

:D :D :D

great news CBC - you really are a good mate!!

and ten euros VERY well spent then!!

you will be able to recoup that and more from the olive harvest! :lol:

Retired in Crete

Re: Some take the high road Some take the low road

Postby Retired in Crete » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:18 pm

cyprusbeachchef wrote:Tonight Sitia will be a better place?

...........I would personally like to thank from the bottom of my wallet Paul & Retiredincrete, for doing absoloutly nothing to help my best pal out in his hour of need.

Sitia a better place? Better than where? Basra maybe, but only just!

I did absolutely nothing to help? Very excuse me but who do you think told him where to buy Campbells soup? It certainly wasn't the tooth fairy!

I even offerred to buy his new car for 50% of the price and to sub-let his house. I consider myself a true friend of Andy.

John

paulh

Postby paulh » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:19 am

Help Andy? why ? surely he is big enough and capable enough to look after himself?

I could perhaps recommend some things that might help, like looking for a jcb to hire, I don't see a spade being quite up to the job he has got ahead of him.

andheath

Postby andheath » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:44 am

CBC wrote:
and will be back in Sitia next Saturday Afternoon.
not a chance, not that simple.

RIC wrote:
Very excuse me but who do you think told him where to buy Campbells soup?
Oh John, what would I have ever done without your inspirational words of wisdom?

PaulH wrote:
like looking for a jcb to hire
and very possible a team of at least 20 Albanians. I think I might get lynched.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

cyprusbeachchef

His flight is booked

Postby cyprusbeachchef » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:44 am

26/01/08 flight no oao36 lands 10.10 can someone give him a lift home ????? cheers t&c

crete4us

Postby crete4us » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Ready willing and able......... what airport and what time, 10.10am or 10.10pm?
Andy, i'll be the one wearing the red carnation and carrying a copy of the Financial Times !

I'll say: Is that really you! and you answer: No! it's ma Haggis 8)

Welcome back to the east wing!

Why don't you take up Greek lessons, then you could tell the old trout in the spar to smile!

See you soon

K.
One life - one dream - GO for it !!

andheath

Postby andheath » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:22 am

Thanks K

a.m. of course, we are talking about Sitia airport, I don't think they have any landing lights.

I will be the only one getting off the plane, wearing a "see you Jimmy" hat and playing the bagpipes.

Greek lessons???? Why would I want to do that? The only Greek I need is "How much? You thieving Greek *******".
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

crete4us

Postby crete4us » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:38 am

I think i've seen a guy with a torch for night time landings, though i've never actually heard any planes land....

I didn't know how many of your fellow countrymen you had gone back to get as reinforcements for your takeover of Crete? anyway i thought you were going to send them up West to clean up "that end of the island" !

Perhaps you can learn " When your happy and you know it clap your hands" on the old pipes for the old trout in the spar ! Let me know when you do as i'd love to be there!!

You would only need to learn that in Greek if you were going to live "up west"

Stay cool

K.
One life - one dream - GO for it !!

jimbolou

Postby jimbolou » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:17 pm

Just for the record Andheath did not recruit anyone, he did not offer any monies or haggis, campbells soup,porrage,caramel wafers, scotch pies, tattie scones..mmm tattie scones.
Probably coz he aint got any of the above.but do you honestly beleive he would? Answers on a postcard to.. Are we tight or what c/o RIC, still building that dam wall of his in vain but praying the invasion comes to an end, Istron Crete.
Donations gratefully received to same address made payable to Hadrian :lol:
whats for you wont go by you

Topdriller

Postby Topdriller » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:29 pm

I've just spent 3 weeks back in Scotland and noted with interest the fat kids glued to their computer games, the drunk kids spilling out onto the streets in the early hours of the morning, the violent kids who think nothing of sticking a knife into someone just because they can.

Contrast this with the kids on Crete, the outdoor life, the gaggle of frappes when they meet up in the coffee shops, the lack of intimidation or violence in the streets of Chania.

I only mention the above because I read Andy and Heather have returned to Scotland supposedly because of the alleged cruelty to animals here on Crete. I've seen the scavenging cats in bins, the scrawny looking dogs tied up all day but then I've also spoken to our local vet, wondering how he survives with so few Brit customers, and my surprise when he said the majority of his clients are Greek owned. As if to make his point an old woman walked into the practice with a large goat on a string leash.

The RSPCA website states they rescued 50,000 strays in the UK last year and organised dog fighting has increased five fold since 2004.

We may not like or indeed agree with how some people treat their pets but surely that can also be said of people back home in the UK.

I'll begin to worry about Crete and their culture if their children begin behaving like those now terrorising most UK towns and cities every Friday and Saturday night.

Jon

Return to “Archive”