Cretan Adventure - The best things about Sitia 1.

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
andheath

Cretan Adventure - The best things about Sitia 1.

Postby andheath » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Beer

Amstel 500ml Bottle, I do hate beer in cans, 68 cents from Sitia Co-Op. How much is it where you live?

For those into serious "Move to Crete" research, it is about 2€ in most cafes, taverns and 3€ in the expensive places.

Just as important, I have not had a drop of Whisky since October. H says I am a much nicer person, I think my liver thinks it is a holiday.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

Retired in Crete

Postby Retired in Crete » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:03 pm

Andy

Much cheaper up west! (far more customers you see, lower distribution costs etc)

Also no G & T in Sitea at all, not to mention nowhere to have your blazer dry cleaned.

John

PS Lack of whisky has addled your brain

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:22 pm

Telling porkies again Andheath? :o

Don't believe you have not availed yourself of Lidl's Scotch since October, (or are you trying to tell me there aren't any in the East)? OK, it is blended but with or without water, perfectly drinkable. Vat 69 in the local supermarkets (in the middle that is) usually less than 10Euros a bottle.

John, a blazer sounds just up your street in terms of retro fashion, together with a natty boater and flannels of course, go on, do tell, which badge do you have on your pocket :wink:

Kathleen

andheath

Postby andheath » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:46 pm

Kathleen

Hard to believe but I promise you, this is all true. Not a drop of Scotch for over 3 months, including Christmas and New Year. Nobody is more surprised than me, and it did involve staying awake for about six weeks.

We do have a Llidle in Sitia but I think to suggest "Hunters Glen" is drinkable is too generous. Vat 69 maybe.

Back to the point. Amstell 68 cents. I don't think anyone in Crete can beat that.

Andy

p.s. I heard the badge on John's blazer shows a shark with bared teeth and a hangman's noose

lshall05

Postby lshall05 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Andy

You've not been on the scotch because you've been on the raki all that time!! :wink:

Lynn

By the way, we're booked to come over in April and will be around from 23rd - 29th
Living in Crete!!

latsida

Postby latsida » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:38 am

My better half prefers MYTHOS and we have it delivered to our door(left outside)in crates . 8) It was 65 cents but there was a price increase a few weeks ago now its 70 cents .Fantastic eh?

andheath

Postby andheath » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:37 pm

Latsida

Mythos 70 Cents and delivered to the door that is incredible. I am now prioritizing the find for a compatible service here in the far East. While naturally disappointed to learn I have only the second best supply in Crete, I now have the motivation to do better, many thanks for the information. I think we need to remember, many people considering a permanent move research on this site. We all have a responsibility to provide this type of quality information.

It is extremely disappointing not to receive more replies on this subject. Holding two fridges and trying to do some serious research. Twenty years of experience in Lager tells me a great deal. Please can there be serious answers.

Fatuous remarks are also welcomed.

The Adjectival LFB

Postby The Adjectival LFB » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:03 pm

McTosser / Drillakilla,

"Mythos 70 cents"? - shirley 70 shilling! Al Jarreau is obviously KTP on marching powder - he must be alright! - leave him alone you lager swilling wuss.

Regards,LFB.
Lowell, Frank and Townes - all gone now.

andheath

Postby andheath » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:14 pm

Now thats the type of fatuous remark I can enjoy but DrillaKilla, no way it wasn't me.

Hudson

Postby Hudson » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:31 am

andheath wrote:Fatuous remarks are also welcomed.

After a few Mythos' wouldn't that be Fartuous remarks?

Nita

Postby Nita » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:59 am

It would seem that west is certainly not best when it comes to lager. At my local Inka supermarket 500ml bottle of Amstel is 82 cents and Mythos 80 cents. Think I'll stick to my local krasi - only 2.10 per 1.5 litre bottle!

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Our village kafeneio - 4km from Kalyves so not everywhere West is expensive - charges 70 lepta for Mythos and Amstel to take away. Drunk on the premises it's 75 on the grounds that there's the added cost of refrigeration.

latsida

Postby latsida » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Is this a large or small bottle? if a large one they are not making a profit :P
Or this this a kafenion that is also a small shop?That would make sense :D

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:11 pm

500ml bottle and, yes, it is also a small shop although that description does flatter it somewhat as does the description "kafeneio" come to that.

Return to “Archive”