Cretan Adventure - Another day in Paradise

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
andheath

Cretan Adventure - Another day in Paradise

Postby andheath » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:58 pm

It had been a very, very bad day. H had found a poor, half starved bitch chained in a ruined house, no food or water and a pile of poo to sleep on. For two weeks H had been taking food and water. Suddenly it disappeared even the bowl H provided for water was gone.

A very bad day indeed, without too much detail, bad enough for me to realize that if H is so unhappy we can not live here.

For me it was that gut wrenching feeling you get when forced to consider something that was never even an option i.e. going back. It prompted me to write:
after just 3 months we are back in the UK.

At that time it was reality and we both appreciate your kindness.

However a new day dawned and H is made of strong stuff. Imagine my relief later that day as she confided "I will never become immune to this and I will not look the other way but I won't let it beat me". Long term plans for a dog rescue center in the East are progressing.

Now, back to the dog. Friday morning, we have parked the car and are just about to talk to friends we have spotted when it appears. I have never seen the dog and I have to say I was appalled, so thin with barely the strength to stand but obviously happy to see H.

"Mollie" is now living with Dave & Joyce (God bless them) we saw her the following day. The change in 24 hours was unbelievable, from tired and scared to the look of a girl who has found heaven. In time she will become a beautiful dog.

If I let you down, forgive me. Alternatively "how dare you believe we are quitters". Our Adventure continues but bloody hell it is cold. Can you believe it, some old B%^$%^d who shouldn't even be out was throwing snowballs at me today.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

Kilkis

Re: Cretan Adventure - Another day in Paradise

Postby Kilkis » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:12 am

andheath wrote:...Our Adventure continues but bloody hell it is cold. Can you believe it, some old B%^$%^d who shouldn't even be out was throwing snowballs at me today.

I laugh at your bloody cold. Where we used to live in northern Greece it is down to -10 C. Thank god for this semi-tropical paradise.

Warwick

andheath

Postby andheath » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:19 am

Cheers big guy
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

Nita

Re: Cretan Adventure - Another day in Paradise

Postby Nita » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:30 pm

andheath wrote:Long term plans for a dog rescue center in the East are progressing.

Keep us posted, I'm sure that members of LiC, plus others, will be only too willing to offer some help.

andheath wrote:"Mollie" is now living with Dave & Joyce

Nice to have a happy ending to this story.

Return to “Archive”