UK Referendum

Archive of "Just now in Crete" plus Cretan Adventures.
evansmr1

Re: UK Referendum

Postby evansmr1 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:12 am

BTW has anyone got their ballot papers yet? ..jeff..

I have not received mine. I now doubt that I will receive one.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

altohb

Postby altohb » Fri May 27, 2016 12:19 pm

You need to ring your local authority. I spoke to ours earlier in the week, and was told the papers would be posted on 1 June, so they are obviously all different. Just hope the post from the UK to here is reasonably speedy - less concerned about sending them back, as that is normally only a couple of days.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri May 27, 2016 12:29 pm

It probably depends what "the papers would be posted on 1 June" really means. My experience of many organisations, both public and private suggests that each organisation has a "mailing process". A document being "posted" means that it is entered into that process. When it is actually put into a post box is a variable feast depending on the length of the "process". One to three weeks seems normal.

Warwick

altohb

Postby altohb » Fri May 27, 2016 12:48 pm

They lied - the papers came in today's post!

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Fri May 27, 2016 1:01 pm

Our local authority also on the ball, ballot papers arrived today, simple no jargon just IN or OUT. :D
Dave H

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:34 am

Yes ... vote "in" get TTIP as well .... a new twist on the "two for one deal" I am surprised Cameron has not used this as a selling gimmick to add to the failed package deal with Brussels.

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Sun May 29, 2016 9:27 am

Good to see you back, Loretta, we missed you! Feared you'd been swallowed by last Wednesday's earthquake ...

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Sun May 29, 2016 11:59 am

Yep welcome back ....

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Sun May 29, 2016 5:36 pm

I read posts most days. But I thought I would stay out of the EU stuff. I got a job in England - painting the "OUT" campaigners "battle-bus" and helping Ken Livingstone in the art of media interviews. Went well so have been asked to do some more work.... I start assisting ED Miliband in his "come-back" to mainstream politics, next week. I must be good because Hillary Clintons office emailed me asking if I can help to improve her image so I sent them a long rope with a noose on the end.
Strange that two axseholes in politics have the same rareish, christian name "Hillary" one is a woman and the other a bloke in the USA.

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon May 30, 2016 11:55 pm

Jeffstclair wrote:I'm sorry if this has been linked to before but I only just found it and I think it's valid and is a very concise analysis of why the UK and Greece should stay in the EU even to my simple brain ...http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/a ... ave-the-eu

Consistent? Varoufakis?

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:36 pm

France in turmoil. riots, strikes. Not a blink from the arrogant Hollande. Its a shame the British dont have a backbone and start some real action against Cameron (mr two faced .. 25 U turns in one year) and the rotten European Council who will stay in direct route towards TTIP no matter what the people say or do. Vote "OUT" of EU.... its a pseudo- corporate cabal.
Cameron is today standing alongside an - "ISIS Terrorist supporter" - Sadiq Khan hoping to persuade Brits to vote "remain". I have never seen such a psycho - unemotional, unfeeling, stone-faced slime ball as our current PM. Blair was worse.. for different reasons but Cameron .... reminds me of the appointed top managers with cold, non caring attitude.... they did not care if a member of staff committed suicide over their decisions... Cameron fits this automaton being.

scooby

Postby scooby » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:45 am

Men in suits will always make you pay.

Istronian

Postby Istronian » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:28 pm

Here is another one which makes a lot of sense.

http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/davi ... -any-jobs/

Ian

peebee

Postby peebee » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:38 pm

There is a current on-line Brexit poll here - scroll down to the bottom http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Loretta9

Postby Loretta9 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:58 am

Istronian ..... good link. David Davis is one Tory politician I do like. He has always stuck to his principles. Being ex SAS man so who is going to intimidate him?

Return to “Archive”