Overnight in Heraklion

Flights Crete/ UK. UK/Crete. Other destinations from Crete or Athens, plus late availability & deals
jackdaw

Overnight in Heraklion

Postby jackdaw » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Looking for alternatives to our normal Easter Ryanair flight Bristol - Chania (which don't start this year until early May). Considering Bristol-Heraklion with Easyjet which arrives 21:35 - too late for public transport to Chania then Kissamos. Can anyone recommend somewhere to spend the night? Easy access for airport and bus station. TIA

Saddler

Re: Overnight in Heraklion

Postby Saddler » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:05 pm

I have found the Pasiphae Hotel perfectly acceptable for your situation. They usually have some good deals on Booking.com for there.

altohb

Postby altohb » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:13 pm

https://hotel-sofia.gr/ is well liked by people I know. Very close to the airport.

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:59 am

Yeah, another vote for Hotel Sofia ..

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:30 pm

jackdaw wrote:...Easy access for airport and bus station. TIA

I can't recommend a specific hotel, having never stayed in Heraklion city centre or near the airport but isn't what you are asking for impossible? The bus station, for buses to Chania, is not that close to the airport so I am not sure how you can have a hotel that is convenient for both? If I was deciding I would get a taxi into the centre from the airport for €20 and stay in a hotel near the bus station.

Hotel Megaron is the closest right opposite the bus station but it is a big 5 star hotel so it might be expensive. Hotel Chris and Lato Boutique Hotel are the next closest I think at about 300 m and they look like they would be cheaper than Megaron. Lato looks very nice in their advertising but Chris looks like it would be cheaper. Irini Hotel is about 400 m away. Pasiphae Hotel, as recommended by Saddler is a little further away at 1.5 km but looks as though it might be cheaper than any of the others. Personally I wouldn't want to drag luggage 1.5 km but I probably would have done when I was younger. Perhaps worth getting prices from all of them and trying to do a compromise between price, niceness and convenience?

Warwick

jackdaw

Postby jackdaw » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Thanks folks for you input. Think we'll go for the Pasiphae. Looks like a good deal.

Return to “Flights Crete General & Late Deals”