EasyJet to charge for cabin luggage

Flights Crete/ UK. UK/Crete. Other destinations from Crete or Athens, plus late availability & deals
Tim

EasyJet to charge for cabin luggage

Postby Tim » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:08 pm

It looks like EasyJet are going down the Ryan Air route and fleecing their customers for every penny they can get. No overhead locker baggage unless you've paid for an Upfront or Extra Legroom seat. You can't even pay extra to bring a bag into the cabin - presumably you have to check it as (expensive) hold luggage unless it's tiny.

Tim

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 64410.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ckers.html

Kilkis

Re: EasyJet to charge for cabin luggage

Postby Kilkis » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:41 pm

I've just received two somewhat misleading emails for return flights I have booked in 2021. It makes the following statements in the emails:

1 Please read carefully because it affects the cabin bag allowance for your upcoming trip.
    2 Customers who have booked an Up front or Extra legroom seat can also bring on board a large cabin bag (max. 56 x 45 x 25 cm), which must fit in the overhead locker.
    3 As you are due to travel on or after 10th February 2021, and at least one of your flights contains a Standard seat or you have not yet selected a seat for the flight, this affects what you are able to bring on board.

The third statement clearly states that I will be affected. The second statement means that for anybody who has booked one of the premium seats the change does not affect them at all. I have booked extra legroom seats on all four flights so, in my case, the change does not affect me. It looks like there is something wrong with their seat filtering?

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:43 pm

The same as with f.inst. Norwegian and probably most other airlines as well?

solitude1

Postby solitude1 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:38 am

Airlines will try to recoup their loses any way possible, i do not think for one instant
it will stop at this, watch this space for more ways to rob the flying public, eg food,
drinks, and everything else.

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Seriousely, flying is cheaper than ever in history and will no doubt remain so in the future! We pay about the same, or even less, flying to Crete r/t than what it cost us to park the car at the airport for one week!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:54 pm

Then you get your flights a lot cheaper than I do or you are paying a lot for parking. I have a flight back to the UK booked for next April that cost £176. The trip is 16 days. The parking cost for that period is €33 so the flight is well over 5 times the cost of the parking.

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:10 am

Kilkis wrote:Then you get your flights a lot cheaper than I do or you are paying a lot for parking.
Warwick

Or both! Just booked tickets for end of May at the price of 60 euro (one way). Return-ticket end of June will most like cost less. Parking for one week is about 100 euro and train to the airport 40 euro each way per person but then we also have to take a taxi to/from the train-station at the price of 35 euro each way (distance about 3 kilometres or 2 miles). Who said flying is expensive?

Return to “Flights Crete General & Late Deals”