Comedic DVDs

Personal items for sale and wanted in Crete. For clarity please include your approximate location
filippos

Comedic DVDs

Postby filippos » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:47 am

After hearing me mutter about the unfunniness of modern comedians my sister bought me two DVDs she insisted would convert me. She has failed. Either my sense of humour has gone walkabout or it isn't synchronised with hers.
Sis insists it must be the former and I don't disagree (anyone with a modicum of common sense doesn't disagree with my sister: she's a politician). She thinks they're hilarious but she does exaggerate at times.

Anyone living around, or just visiting, Kalyves is welcome to both DVDs if they're prepared to buy me an ελλήνικο διπλό, σκέτο.

Big drum roll: the discs are:
Peter Kay LIVE at the Bolton Albert Halls, "Mum Wants A Bungalow Tour"
Micky Flanagan "the 'Out Out' tour LIVE"

I've heard of Peter Kay so I'm assuming he's not really a 'modern' comedian.
Flanagan's offering is described as "Gut-wrenchingly hilarious" *****.

I've dutifully listened all through both and did chuckle once so it's not all bad.

Contact by PM if interested.

Kilkis

Re: Comedic DVDs

Postby Kilkis » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:24 pm

I don't find Mickey Flanagan exceptionally funny, probably below average. Peter Kay, however, is a very funny comedian. I think sometimes it is the format. I do watch stand-up but it isn't my favourite format. For Peter Kay I would suggest Phoenix Nights, which he co-wrote and played several parts, or Car Share.

Try The News Quiz, just coming to an end and The Now Show just getting going on the new series. I find Andy Hamilton Sort of Remembers quite funny. All are on Radio 4.

Warwick

Return to “For Sale and Wanted in Crete”