searching for a static caravan

Personal items for sale and wanted in Crete. For clarity please include your approximate location
meltemi

searching for a static caravan

Postby meltemi » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:03 pm

Hello, I am searching for a small static caravan, in any condition. If you have one for sale please let me know. Thank you
My email. meltemi60@hotmail.com
Thank you
George

YoMo2

Re: searching for a static caravan

Postby YoMo2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:49 pm

What do you mean by small? They all tend to be quite long don't they? Isn't that the point of a static - to have plenty of room?

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

Maud

Postby Maud » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:25 pm

I am assuming George wants a small caravan to keep in one place.......maybe his garden? If this is the case he might not be looking for something that is in tip top conditions for towing.

A Greek friend of ours bought one last year George. It was purchased to accommodate extra staff for his olive picking period. We were astonished at how expensive they were.......and also there didn't seem to be many for sale at the time (Probably why they were so expensive!). He found his through an advert on the internet. - Just a thought.

meltemi

Postby meltemi » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Thank you for the replies. I own a small piece of land near Matala region and I would like to place a small caravan inside. Just to stay overnight once per month there. I don't want to pay a lot of money for it. I can restore it if needed. So still searching. Thanks again.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:55 pm

You could try the caravan section of the Car sales site. If you click on the map of Crete it will narrow it down to the 134 vans advertised on Crete. The cheapest is about €1,500.

Warwick

Maud

Postby Maud » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:26 pm

Well done with your searching Warwick.

It might be the right time of year to find one George. - Perhaps people will have less use for one in the Winter. Our friend was searching in April.......thinking ahead........and there wasn't much choice. Having said that, he was looking for something that didn't need any work done on it.

Good luck.

meltemi

Postby meltemi » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:01 pm

Thank you. I keep on searching. Pitty that Germany U.K. or Holland is too far, there is such a plethora of good deals out there...

Maud

Re: searching for a static caravanll

Postby Maud » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:54 am

As I said previously......I think they are expensive on Crete!

I remember seeing an advertisement ages ago where someone had towed a caravan out to Crete from the UK. - They were making a permanent move and wanted to transport some personal belongings themselves. Once they arrived they wanted to sell the caravan. It was quite cheap as they just wished to get rid of it. Maybe if you are not in a rush you might find such a bargain? Perhaps you could keep an eye out on other ex-pat sites? It is possible others will do the same.

meltemi

Postby meltemi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:53 pm

Thanks Maud. I am not in rush. Still searching ...

Return to “For Sale and Wanted in Crete”