fencing metal type.

Personal items for sale and wanted in Crete. For clarity please include your approximate location
alansmithnl

fencing metal type.

Postby alansmithnl » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:47 pm

I'm liking for fencing, either the type used in concrete stressing or other doesn't have to be that protected, but must be cheap. I need around 30 metres of 1.2 metres high or higher. Anyone know of a cheap hardware shop / emporium in chains?

Kilkis

Re: fencing metal type.

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Assuming you mean plegma, a sort of square wire mesh, there is a place on the Omalos road on the left hand side a short distance before the prison where they make it. Most people I know buy it from there. They will make it to order in virtually any size with any spacing and ant thickness wire, within reason.

Warwick

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Re- rod uprights every two and a half mtrs ( ish ),straining wire top and bottom and a roll of chain link is about the cheapest fencing you can have ...Plegma or grid- weld and re-rod uprights with a straining wire is a bit more expensive but is quicker to put up and you can push the bottom edge of the grid weld into the soil ...go to an agricultural store or builders merchant....

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:15 pm

The big builders' merchant in Kalyves will cut plegma to size - anything from small pieces to encircle and protect plants (principally tomatoes) up to fencing sizes.

alansmithnl

Postby alansmithnl » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:54 am

Thanks guys, found in Kalyves. Cheap too including delivery. I like these guys already!

Return to “For Sale and Wanted in Crete”