Wanted: Garden Tools - Border Fork and Spade

Personal items for sale and wanted in Crete. For clarity please include your approximate location
P&B

Wanted: Garden Tools - Border Fork and Spade

Postby P&B » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:39 pm

I am looking to acquire a good quality border fork and spade in the Chania area.

If anyone has such a thing for sale, or knows of a shop selling such items, please let me know.

filippos

Re: Wanted: Garden Tools - Border Fork and Spade

Postby filippos » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:54 pm

Depends where in Hania area you are. In Kalyves on the road towards Armenoi there's a shop called Fertility, on the left, more or less opposite the big electrical supplies shop (a few metres beyond). Giorgios, the owner, speaks good English (trained as a horticulturalist in UK), knowledgeable and helpful. Last time I was in there he had a wide selection of excellent quality garden hand tools. If he doesn't have what you need you could try the nursery 100m further along on the right. They probably sell tools but I'm not 100% certain. In any case I'd be inclined to go to Fertility first.

P&B

Postby P&B » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Thanks filippos.

I know Fertility and Floraplant in Kalyves. I've never seen anything like a border fork or spade in either shop. They seem to stock something more like a pitch fork and shovel but that's not really what I'm after.

I'll have another look and ask Giorgios in the next couple of days but if anyone else has a suggestion please let me know.

I've been looking at purchasing online and getting shipped to Crete but reviews often site problems with bending and snapping of modern tools. I was hoping to find something tough and durable.

peebee

Postby peebee » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 am

I have seen Wilkinson sword spades and forks in the Greengibble shop in Litsarda, don't know if they still do them, you could give them a call.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:03 pm

I'm not sure if it's still there but there used to be a shop on the road at the side of the bus station, Κελαιδι, in Chania that sold some garden tools. I remember seeing garden forks there. I noticed because they don't seem to be very common in Greece. It's a very long time since I walked past there so it may have gone by now so not worth making a special trip but worth a look if you are in the area.

These pages give you an idea of what is available in Praktiker in Heraklion. I would imagine the tools shown are pretty typical of what you are likely to find elsewhere in Crete, i.e. not the same as in the UK

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:34 pm

Saw Vicky from GG this morning, yes they still have Wilkinson Sword garden tools at Litsarda.

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:06 pm

peebee wrote:Saw Vicky from GG this morning, yes they still have Wilkinson Sword garden tools at Litsarda.
They might have some tools at the Kalyves shop (or bring some there). I don't know as I've never been into either shop.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:40 pm

filippos wrote:...I don't know as I've never been into either shop.

Like me, Filippos, you probably wouldn't manage to get down the aisles in the Litsarda one. I think Twiggy would struggle. I don't know about the Kalyves one.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Kilkis wrote:Like me, Filippos, you probably wouldn't manage to get down the aisles in the Litsarda one. I think Twiggy would struggle. I don't know about the Kalyves one.
Much the same from what I've seen when passing the one in Kalyves although I might manage soon after a deep breath. As you know, I'm no Twiggy but I've shed 21 kilos and counting.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:37 pm

Well done. I know where they went to.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Thank you W. The slightly depressing part came when the doc also said, "Well done.................you're almost half way to target."

Eleni13

Postby Eleni13 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:26 am

But you already look ten years younger, and probably feel it.

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue May 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Thank you, Eleni, you sweetie.

Return to “For Sale and Wanted in Crete”