how to get self-imployed en crete?

General information or questions about working in Crete.
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:31 pm

how to get self-imployed en crete?

Postby Parantaa » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:50 pm


i am moving on 7th of may to crete and want to get self imployed. Is it possible to do it your self or do you use offices for this? If yes, how are they called? I am looking forward to crete, thank you for your help!

greetings para

Posts: 5833
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Kalyves

Postby filippos » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:49 pm

If you want to work legally you will need to get a tax number first of all. After that it will depend on what work you do or want to do. However, whatever work it is, as a self-employed person, you will probably need a licence for it. Depending on the type of business this can take from a few days to a year or more.

There's some information about working in Crete on the main site here - click the link at the top of the page then look down the menu on the left side.

You should be able to get more information from Chamber of Commerce offices in the big towns or from KEP offices [a sort of citizen's advice service]. An accountant will also be able to advise you.

Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: kalives, Apokoronas

Postby rampanthorse » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:45 pm

use an accountant to set it up.
it will cost you money to do this.

Site Admin
Posts: 3269
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:53 pm
Location: Chania, Crete

Postby Carolina » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:00 pm

Yes, I would advise using an accountant to set up too. You will need one anyway to take care of your monthly tax and VAT returns if you become legally self employed. They'll help you register with the tax office and the Chamber of Commerce, as well as give you info on any required licences.

Return to “Working in Crete Info”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest