End of season

General information or questions about working in Crete.
koutouloufari residents

End of season

Postby koutouloufari residents » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi were were wondering if anyone could tell us what we are entitled to from our bosses with our last wage? I seem to remember a "doro", holiday money, but im not exactly sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks
Jim & Meg

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:33 pm

Normally, in full time occupation, if you work the whole of January, February and March you are entitled to half one month's pay at Pascha. If you work the whole of April, May and June then you are entitled to half one month's pay at the summer holiday. If you work the whole of July to December you are entitled to one full month's pay at Christmas. For any of these periods where you don't work the full period then you are entitled to a fraction of the payment in proportion to the time worked.

I am not certain what they do when people are doing seasonal work. Logically, anybody working from the beginning of May to the end of October, i.e. six full months, should be entitled to one full month's pay. When exactly you would be paid it I don't know.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Kilkis wrote:Logically, ................
When did logic enter into the equation?

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:47 pm

Hi Jim & Meg,

With seasonal work the doro is worked out slightly differently to full time.
You should get some of the Christmas 'doro' and some 'adeia', paid at the end of season with your last wage. It usually works out just under one month's extra pay if you have worked 6 months and finish at the end of October. If you finish at the end of September it will be a bit less.

koutouloufari residents

Postby koutouloufari residents » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:44 pm

Thanks for all your replies, they are very helpful
Jim & Meg

Return to “Working in Crete Info”