Health Book

General information or questions about working in Crete.
RachaelRyan

Health Book

Postby RachaelRyan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:27 am

I'm looking into how to obtain a health book to work in the catering industry in Crete.

Where do I go to get one?
What do I need to take with me?
How much will it cost?

Any advice would be helpful.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi Rachael

I’ve been checking into this . You need to go to the Ygeionomiko (ΥΓΕΙΟΝΟΜΙΚΟ - Public Health Dept). In Chania the offices are right opposite the Attikon Indoor cinema entrance on Stefanou Dragouni street (the old hospital street) off Iroon Politecniou street.
There is no sign on this door – it’s the tall grey doors.

They will give you a list of the documents you need (passport copy, a health book from a book shop etc) and the tests you need to do which include a chest X ray, a stool culture and blood tests for hepatits B and C etc.

You need to first obtain the written list from this office in order to get the correct tests done.

If you have IKA (if coming from the UK you may have form E106 etc? Get an IKA health book first – this is for the doctors, not the same as the health book for working in the catering industry but they both have the same name vivliario ygeias / βιβλιάριο υγέιας) you can then go to an IKA GP (pathologos) and he will give you IKA prescriptions for the tests. You’ll then need to book appointments with IKA for each test and take your IKA prescription with you for each test appointment. The tests will then be free.

If you are not covered by IKA you’ll have to get the tests done privately. They’ll cost around 30 to 50 euros for each test.

lshall05

Postby lshall05 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:07 pm

Does anyone know the address of the Public Health Dept in Heraklion?

Also, I believe there's a dermatologist opposite it or 'just down the road'...

Thanks

Lynn
Living in Crete!!

Paleo

Postby Paleo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 am

If you are paying TEBE rather than IKA, you can get your tests done the same day at the Gavrialilis Clinic in Chania (now called the Latis Clinic, I think a couple of blocks south from the bus station).

I think we had to pay a small amount for the Xray as that was not covered by TEBE if I remember correctly.

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:17 pm

On the corner of Markou Botsari and Parthenou Kelaidi [and I think it was called Gavrilakis] and there's a car park on the opposite corner with an entrance about 50m down Parthenou K. Costs about €1.50 - €2 per hour.

If driving, Parthenou is one way from M. Botsari.

Barnsley Tyke

Postby Barnsley Tyke » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:12 am

Kalimera

Can anyone advise if this information is still up to date as we are contemplating going into business in the near future, thanks.

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:30 am

Latis (formerly Gavrilakis) clinic is still there. If you have to pay for tests privately the Euroiatriki (ΕΥΡΩΙΑΤΡΙΚΗ) clinic next to the courthouse is just as good and quite a bit cheaper.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 am

I am pretty sure it is not Latis. I believe it is Iasis. I agree the logo style name is open to interpretation, e.g. it could be Tasis, but the web site is www.iasishospital.gr

Warwick

Return to “Working in Crete Info”