Unemployment - Christmas payment

General information or questions about working in Crete.
Hanris

Unemployment - Christmas payment

Postby Hanris » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:27 am

Hello

I am claiming unemployment for the first time and have just received my second monthly payment, plus an extra payment which I'm assuming is the Christmas gift, but the amount is just under half the regular monthly payment and I thought the Christmas gift was the same as one full month.

I haven't seen anything in the news about this and I can't find any other information on the web or posts about it.

The simple answer would be to go to OAED and ask, but I really don't want to trail all the way into Chania again and face yet another wait....

Has anyone else received their Christmas gift yet and how much was it?

Many thanks in advance for any information anyone can give me.

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Wherever you are, if you don't get a quick answer here, there should be a KEP office fairly close to you. Someone there should be able to help.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:30 pm

If you are a seasonal worker your 'doro' will not be an extra full month payment at Christmas as you haven't contributed for the months of November/December.

Just under half the regular monthly payment sounds correct.

Hanris

Postby Hanris » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 am

Thanks Carolina. Your explanation seems to be correct. I did some searching in Greek and then translated the results into English and found something that was basically the same as your answer.

Although not a seasonal worker, I did finish in September and, therefore, did not have contributions for October or November.

I always heard you received a full month's payment, so was a little disappointed.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:42 pm

Basically

At Pascha you receive 0.5 month pay IF you worked the whole of January, February and March.

In the summer you receive 0.5 month pay IF you worked the whole of April, May and June.

At Christmas you receive 1 month pay IF you worked all July to December.

If you work less than the whole of any one of these periods you should be paid pro-rata. For example work all July, August and September but NOT October, November and December then you should receive 0.5 month at Christmas.

Warwick

Return to “Working in Crete Info”