Veterinary services

Job seekers post your details here.

Etienne1

Veterinary services

Postby Etienne1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:29 am

Hi my name is Etienne. I'm a veterinary student in Romania. I'm a dual citizen US/Romania. As a vet I can work anywhere in the EU. I don't speak much Greek, yet. A veterinary career in Romania is very bad with pay lower than one can live on, plus there isn't much interest in companion animals. I have a very long history of going to Greece on vacation since I was a kid, love the place the history the people. I'm not in the clouds I know every place has its problems, bueacracy and social differences I've lived all over the world. I also have 15 years expierence as a vet nurse in the states and 3-4 yrs as a paramedic. I also have 2 children 1 and 3. Sorry had to paint a picture fist:) Finally my queztion...I would like to start a practice on Crete, is this idea a total fail or would be able to sustain myself maybe even flourish? I would plan to live year round, I know the winters are dull but I like that, I have even experienced it. Any insite I would greatly appreciate. Thank you.

Kilkis

Re: Veterinary services

Postby Kilkis » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:41 am

I don't know but I would guess that you need to get a state issued licence to practise as a vet. If so, be aware that the Greek government are notorious for not recognising foreign qualifications. For example, a UK Bachelor's degree typically takes 3 years while in Greece it takes a minimum of 5 years. Obviously a UK degree is inferior to a Greek degree so is not recognised as equivalent. A UK Masters degree would be classed as equivalent to a Greek Bachelor's degree. I would strongly recommend enquiring from the appropriate ministry what the procedure is and if your qualification would allow you to obtain a licence.

Warwick

Return to “Jobs Wanted Crete”