Looking for shop work

Job seekers post your details here.

Samantha dent

Looking for shop work

Postby Samantha dent » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello

I am coming to gouves in April 2018. I am looking for work in a shop or excursions for the season.

I am very hard working and loyal. I travelled around Greece this summer and have decided to come and work.

Anybody that can help or point me in the right direction that would be great.
Thanks
Samantha

Ros21

Re: Looking for shop work

Postby Ros21 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 am

This summer in Gouves, Stalida, Hersonissos & Malia, there were plenty of jobs available in the shops. If you wanted a job. all you had to do was walk down the roads & ask, or look for the signs. HOWEVER, the going rate was 3 euros an hour, albeit with IKA, and the shifts between 8-12 hours, 7 days a week for the season.

Kilkis

Re: Looking for shop work

Postby Kilkis » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Also you can't guarantee that you will get paid. A friend's daughter worked for a shop owner in Chania, also on €3 per hour, but he would frequently not pay her or pay her less and fob her off with promises of "next time". In the end she got sick of it and told him she was leaving at which point he told her she could kiss goodbye to any chance of getting the back pay she was owed. Unfortunately for the shop owner my friend is a black belt karate instructor so he visited the shop owner and told him quietly, politely and in graphic detail exactly what he would do to him if he didn't pay up. The daughter got what was owed in full the next day.

I would advise anybody working in Greece to cut their losses and walk away the first time they don't get paid in full. No exceptions. It is too easy to accept the excuses and carry on in the belief that eventually they will get everything. The more the debt builds up the harder it is to walk away. I speak from bitter experience.

Warwick

Return to “Jobs Wanted Crete”