Job wanted summer 2013

Job seekers post your details here.

SwedenS

Job wanted summer 2013

Postby SwedenS » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Heey !
My name is Sabina, and i really want to find a job summer 2013! I have my love in Platanias, and i want to spend my summer down there with him, and in the same time let my vings out, and try to work some were else then Sweden. I want to make my life as an adventure, and try something new.

I can work with almost everything, cuse im very flexibel and have easy to learn. I can send CV and a presentation of my self, and also a photo.

And if it is somone else out there that also have the same toughts that i have, for to go to platanias/chania and work, then please send me an email and maybe we can help echoter :)

Or if someone have an idéa of how i can find a work then please help me :) !

// Sabina ! :)

jackie1308

Postby jackie1308 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Probably it is a little early to search from now on. Your friend could keep an eye on the Hantiotika Nea (= local newspaper Chania), usually they are looking for quite some Scandinavian speaking people around Platanias. But start searching from January/February on. Bar/Waitress/Shops, plenty to think of. But count on many workinghours and little salary.
Unless you want to work as a guide for a Swedish touristcompany like Airtours you should apply now already in Sweden.

SwedenS

Postby SwedenS » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:29 pm

jackie1308 wrote:Probably it is a little early to search from now on. Your friend could keep an eye on the Hantiotika Nea (= local newspaper Chania), usually they are looking for quite some Scandinavian speaking people around Platanias. But start searching from January/February on. Bar/Waitress/Shops, plenty to think of. But count on many workinghours and little salary.
Unless you want to work as a guide for a Swedish touristcompany like Airtours you should apply now already in Sweden.

Oh thanks alot for the answer :) I will tell him to look there ! :)

marmite

job

Postby marmite » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:02 am

If this is a serious enquiry and not someone having a laugh then you need help with your spellling and punctuation to be taken seriously in the job market. Get someone to proof read your cv before you send it.

filippos

Re: job

Postby filippos » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:04 am

marmite wrote:.......... you need help with your spellling (sic) and punctuation ..............
I'm assuming, perhaps misguidedly, that this isn't someone "having a laugh".

I wonder how many native English speakers manage a foreign language as well as this Swedish girl who, after all, is only seeking a summer job, probably in tourism. She may not write English especially well but try reading it out loud and it's perfectly comprehensible.

I'm fairly certain Sabina's English language skills would be adequate for employment here in a bar, café or many other tourism related jobs (where written English is probably unnecessary). How about work in a hotel with a mainly Swedish clientèle? A Swedish tour company, perhaps, to which applications and CV would be written in Swedish?

P.S. Anyone criticising another's spelling should ensure they don't include careless errors in their own comments.

SwedenS

Postby SwedenS » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:44 am

I might not spell very well or use English grammar correctly. but I understand English and can talk and express myself in different ways. My CV in English I have been helped out by the Swedish Employment Service, so my CV is not difficult to understand In some way.

I must apologize for my bad English and that some seem to think that I spend time here to make me merry somehow. But I am serious to 100% and really want to have a summer job. and what type of job is not so important.

phillynn

Postby phillynn » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:46 am

Try Imperial Hotel in Maleme. Their clientele is mainly Scandinavian and they employ staff from there and they seem to be very happy working there. They also have a second hotel in Maleme. You can find them via google.

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:45 pm

SwedenS wrote:I must apologize for my bad English ....
You have no reason to apologise, Sabina. I wonder how many native English speakers using this forum can speak or write a second language as well as you do.

SwedenS

Postby SwedenS » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:42 pm

phillynn wrote:Try Imperial Hotel in Maleme. Their clientele is mainly Scandinavian and they employ staff from there and they seem to be very happy working there. They also have a second hotel in Maleme. You can find them via google.

Thank you so much!! I'll google them right now :)

SwedenS

Postby SwedenS » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:48 pm

filippos wrote:
SwedenS wrote:I must apologize for my bad English ....
You have no reason to apologise, Sabina. I wonder how many native English speakers using this forum can speak or write a second language as well as you do.

Thank you :) !! I might not be so good in English grammar, but I still can understand if people wright or speak ^^

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:31 pm

http://www.siriosvillage.gr/ used to cater mainly for Scandinavian package tours. That was six years ago but they may still have the same profile. I think their guests were mainly Danish rather than Swedish but it is worth a try.

The whole stretch west of Chania through Platanias to Kolymbari seems to attract a lot of Scandinavian tourists. Try going on the web site of a Swedish package tour company and search for holidays that include hotels in this area. This should allow you to identify which hotels are being used by Swedish companies and you could then approach the hotels directly. http://crete-hotels.tel/ or http://www.xo.gr/default.aspx?la=2 should allow you to find their details if you only know the name and the location.

Good luck

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Langley har jo et stort hotell i Almyrida som ligger ca 20 kilometer fra Chania, og der jobber det en god del svenske ungdommer også i år så kan hende en ide å ta kontakt med Langley?

Was my grammar acceptable? :roll:

scooby

Postby scooby » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:32 pm

If your "love" is in Platanias, can't he find something for you?
Men in suits will always make you pay.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 pm

mouche wrote:...Was my grammar acceptable? :roll:

Errrrr! Not sure since I am not Scandinavian. Would that be acceptable Swedish grammar or Norwegian grammar?

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Norwegian! :D

Return to “Jobs Wanted Crete”