DVLA has not sent my V5 log book before trip

Overland driving routes and ferries
Kilkis

Re: DVLA has not sent my V5 log book before trip

Postby Kilkis » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:54 am

I suppose I should modify my comment as well. Obviously you don't literally have to keep it in the car. You do have to have it with you when driving the car. Whether it is in the car or in your wallet/handbag is irrelevant. The important thing is to be able to produce it if stopped by the police. In Greece the offence for several things is not being able to produce it when asked. In the UK it is not being able to produce it when asked OR subsequently at a police station within a specified period. The Greek penal code does not contain that second option. You may also be required to produce it in court BUT if you cannot produce it when stopped you have already committed one offence. If you cannot produce it subsequently in court then you have committed a second more serious offence.

Warwick

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks Filippos for the clarification. Thats what i meant.
I like you carry a photo copy and once when stopped by the police produced it. Mine was a old paper one and due to other licences on their is about a foot long, no, no driving licence, took me 15 mins to convince him. In the end with a shake of his head "drive safe" and of you go.

Have now changed to the horrid plastic ones.
Last edited by moggieman on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:57 pm

moggieman wrote:... and due to other licences on their is about a foot, no, no driving licence, took me 15 mins to convince him...

Perhaps you might consider editing this bit, Moggieman?

Warwick

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:43 pm

Must learn to read prior to posting. Thanks Warwick, have a good Christmas.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:27 pm

Kilkis wrote:
moggieman wrote:... and due to other licences on their is about a foot, no, no driving licence, took me 15 mins to convince him...

Perhaps you might consider editing this bit, Moggieman?

Warwick

Fooled me too.......... Still none the wiser.

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:17 pm

I tried putting it in Google translate, Andrew, but that didn't make it any clearer.

Warwick

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:02 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew
"It's all in the implementation"

sandboy2

Postby sandboy2 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Ha ha - regarding the now infamous "serial typo"- perhaps the surprise is it only took 15 minutes to convince the bemused Officer concerned, his expression as he shook his head and advised you "drive safe" must have been something to see.

Regarding original poster Cundalini ... you surfaced ... then disappeared again ! As it is, your three current Postings meander on with detailed insights coming from various well informed sources, the only one absent from these proceedings seeming to be yourself. First thoughts are that you may have "cracked on" with the expedition before advice regarding the Gythio-Kissamos Ferry came to light, and are marooned aboard her without internet access, although researches indicate she is named after Vikentios Kornaros, the famed Cretan poet who wrote the romantic epic poem "Erotokritos", so there might well be finer things to muse upon during the lengthy passage, than may even be offered by the delights of a Piano Bar or the perplexing "on board camping" offered elsewhere. Regarding those who have shared their experience and wisdom with you, you might possibly have been somewhat more lavish in offering them thanks, but surely we all look forward to a "blow by blow" account of your eventual progress, and to warmly welcoming you - maybe by the end of the year ..... but which year shall it be ? "Drive safe" as we say here in Crete, and a Happy Christmas to everyone !

Maud

Postby Maud » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:22 pm

καλά Χριστούγεννα to you as well sandboy2........and to all the other members on the site.

Cundalini

Postby Cundalini » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 pm

louisejersey wrote:We did Bari to Patras with Minoan Lines. Again, nothing was asked for. Of course, we might have just been lucky.

Sailed Bari to Patras Sunday with Anek lines and only got sked for passport .Same from Pirius to Chania .

Return to “Overland to Crete & Ferries”