Biometric permits

Temporary Forum - Please keep it CIVIL and ON TOPIC regarding updates/ news / concerns on British living / travelling in the EU.
Rick

Re: Biometric permits

Postby Rick » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:28 pm

Kilkis wrote:This ekathimerini article suggests that the idea of an 180 day permit is NOT a done deal. A UK group is trying to get to see the Greek government to lobby for this. Apparently there is a Facebook group called "180 Days in Greece" for those who use social media.

Another Facebook group (180 days Visa Free) drafted a working paper:

“In October2020 the 180 days visa free campaign proposed that the Schengen 90/180 days rule be amended to 180 days in any rolling 360 days. This would nullify many of the disadvantages of the 90/180 days rule without disruptive changes to the basic Schengen principles. The working paper can be viewed here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11CIvRu ... p=drivesdk
The paper was sent to Michel Barnier, President Van dear Leyen, Guy Verhofstadt and the president of the European Parliment, David Sassoli MEP on 18.10.20. We await their response, but recognise that they are dealing with other pressing matters.”

So although it’s not a done deal, it’s good to know that there are various groups campaigning for change.

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:06 pm

The following extract has been published by the UK Government (Living in Greece) :-

"You should carry your residence document (registration certificate or permanent residence certificate), as well as your valid passport when you travel.

If you have not yet applied for a residence document, you should carry evidence that you are resident in Greece. This could include a tenancy agreement or a utility bill in your name, dating from 2020.

If you cannot show that you are resident in Greece, you may be asked additional questions at the border to enter the Schengen area, and your passport may be stamped. This will not affect your rights in Greece."

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:28 pm

[/u]Friends of ours say they have been told they have to get their landlady to provide an electronic rental agreement. Anyone else had this? I am just hoping to provide a photocopy of the original. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Mathitis

Postby Mathitis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Bob, I don't know for sure, but maybe 'electronic' means they want a print out, via one's accountant, which proves the tenancy is set up in the Tax system?!

ΑΑΔΕ (Ανεξάρτητη Αρχή Δημοσίων Εσόδων)
'Αντιγραφο Υποβληθεισας Δηλωσης Πληροφοριακων Στοιχειων Μισθωσης Ακινητης Περιουσιας'

Jean

Postby Jean » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Bob, I don't know for sure, but maybe 'electronic' means they want a print out, via one's accountant, which proves the tenancy is set up in the Tax system?!

'Αντιγραφο Υποβληθεισας Δηλωσης Πληροφοριακων Στοιχειων Μισθωσης Ακινητης Περιουσιας'

This is what I think too

Voni

Postby Voni » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:05 am

I know of a lot of people who only had EHIC before the deadline for health cover, anyone asked the question yet of the police? I couldn’t get a straight answer.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:27 am

Jean wrote:

This is what I think too

Thanks folks. Bob.

BST

Postby BST » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 pm

Voni wrote:I know of a lot of people who only had EHIC before the deadline for health cover, anyone asked the question yet of the police? I couldn’t get a straight answer.

I don't know of anyone with appointments on Chania who have been asked for evidence of health insurance. Seems to be the same in Herakleion. That's blue and beige permits.
We will take anyway just in case!

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:52 pm

Accountant sent me a copy of the agreement, in .pdf format so am able to print it out whenever I want. Excellent stuff. All I have to do now is to get the landlady to sign it! Thanks everyone for your input. Bob.

Mathitis

Postby Mathitis » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 pm

Again, not sure Bob, but if the document you have received is the same as I mentioned previously which is the tax system tenancy record, then I am wondering why you need a signature? By definition, as it were, if the tenancy is tax registered then both parties have already officially agreed and a signature is kind of superfluous? [Vested interest!!]

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:17 pm

I suppose it depends what Bob's accountant has sent him? If he has sent him a pdf copy of the form that is used to enter into a rental agreement then presumably it would need to be completed and signed. If there is an agreement already lodged with the tax office and he has sent a pdf copy of that document then I agree that I can't see why it needs a signature need a signature.

It is 14 years since I rented so I am not sure how the system works now. Back then everything was on paper. I never filled in a rental agreement nor lodged it with the tax office so I suppose that technically I was breaking the law. The purpose of the law is to stop tax evasion. My landlady did give me official receipts for each monthly payment and I declared all the payments on my E1 each year, as did my landlady. That meant that I got a small reduction in my tax bill and she paid tax on the rental income. Obviously the tax office knew that I was renting and who I was renting from and I was never asked to provide a rental agreement.

Warwick

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:05 pm

With regard to proof of address in Greece, one of the criteria for obtaining the existing residence certificate was a) a copy of a property agreement, b) a copy of a rental agreement, or c) a certification of being hosted at an address in Greece.

For c) you needed a copy of the hosts passport / residence certificate, a copy of the hosts property agreement and a utility bill in the hosts name. The host needed to provide a declaration that he/she was hosting the applicant, and this declaration needed to be witnessed by a KEP office or police department.

I wonder if the ‘hosting’ criteria will be upheld for the purpose of the biometric card? This could be relevant to an individual in an unregistered partnership / not married, and the property agreement and utilities are not registered in their name.

Some thoughts would be useful, and probably another question for The AIRE centre.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:23 pm

Meanwhile, 28210 25811 and 25812 continue to be 'engaged' or remain unanswered. There has to be a solution, but I haven't found it. Ah well, plenty of time until June 30th! Bob.

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:46 pm

bobscott wrote:. Ah well, plenty of time until June 30th! .

I don't think we need to be too concerned about meeting a deadline of 30/6/21. .....

The deadline for the submission of applications for the issuance of the residence document under article 18 (4) of the WA is until 30/06/2021. This deadline is not exclusive. This means that:

-once the application deadline has passed, the WA beneficiaries continue to apply thereafter, without any consequences for their residence status or sanction.

-this deadline is an incentive for the WA beneficiaries to visit the competent authorities, submit their applications and be issued the residence document under 18 (4) of the Agreement. Thus, a legal certainty is ensured for both Greece and the WA beneficiaries. It will allow Greece to establish and UK nationals, their family members and other persons to know, whether they are indeed WA beneficiaries.

Return to “Brexit and Living in Greece”