Why Brexit is Right

Temporary Forum - Please keep it CIVIL and ON TOPIC regarding updates/ news / concerns on British living / travelling in the EU.
BarryFromWatford

Re: Why Brexit is Right

Postby BarryFromWatford » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:37 pm

Carolina wrote:
SatCure wrote:Why Brexit is Right

https://www.economistsforfreetrade.com/ ... -is-right/

"Big business lobbies Brussels for more regulations to make it more difficult for small companies to enter the market and compete."

This is exactly what killed my business. Guess which way I voted?

So you moved to Greece and then voted to remove your rights to live here in Greece, to remove your right to freely open and run a business here, you voted to remove your rights to freely operate any business across the EU borders, to remove your automatic right to any employment here, you voted to remove your healthcare rights in Greece, you probably also voted to remove accrued pension rights. I think you are exagerating a little bit arent you? I think this is bordering on hysteria!

As Maud says, I too am amazed.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:15 pm

I shouldn't have let this original post run. This space on the forum is not for the general devisive Brexit debate of Leave vs Remain. It was set up to share info/debate about how Brexit may affect our lives in Crete.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:20 pm

BarryFromWatford wrote:
Carolina wrote:
So you moved to Greece and then voted to remove your rights to live here in Greece, to remove your right to freely open and run a business here, you voted to remove your rights to freely operate any business across the EU borders, to remove your automatic right to any employment here, you voted to remove your healthcare rights in Greece, you probably also voted to remove accrued pension rights.

I think you are exagerating a little bit arent you? I think this is bordering on hysteria!

Barry, just noticed your reply on the above post where you say 'I think you are exagerating a little bit arent you? I think this is bordering on hysteria!',

What kind of Leave did you vote for? No deal means all of the above. Leave means Leave. We seem to be heading for that scenario.

BarryFromWatford

Postby BarryFromWatford » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Carolina wrote:
BarryFromWatford wrote:
Carolina wrote:
So you moved to Greece and then voted to remove your rights to live here in Greece, to remove your right to freely open and run a business here, you voted to remove your rights to freely operate any business across the EU borders, to remove your automatic right to any employment here, you voted to remove your healthcare rights in Greece, you probably also voted to remove accrued pension rights.

I think you are exagerating a little bit arent you? I think this is bordering on hysteria!

Ah so you have deleted my post eh?
Ah so when someone criticises you ,you get personal and abuse your power as a moderator by deleting it eh? But you have not deleted it anyway! It appears in the quote and it apppears again repeated in your own post! So it is still there despite being removed ! Twice! How ridicolous
Last edited by BarryFromWatford on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Barry, the post of yours which I deleted was a one liner, a direct, totally childish, insult to another poster.

I sent you a warning and deleted that post.

The post above where you ' criticise' me was not removed and if you check again you can see that I responded to your point.

Perhaps you'd like to apologise for accusing me of abuse of power, eh?

BarryFromWatford

Postby BarryFromWatford » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Oh which post was that then? enlighten me please!

BarryFromWatford

Postby BarryFromWatford » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Oh the one about him licking that guys arse and telling him how brilliant his post was? Got IT!!! :lol:

BarryFromWatford

Postby BarryFromWatford » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Carolina wrote:
BarryFromWatford wrote:
Carolina wrote:

Barry, just noticed your reply on the above post where you say 'I think you are exagerating a little bit arent you? I think this is bordering on hysteria!'
What kind of Leave did you vote for? No deal means all of the above. Leave means Leave. We seem to be heading for that scenario.

How do know exactly what will happen when we leave?No one knows what will happen when we leave!If we do leave!Your post is just pure speculation NOT fact!

peebee

Postby peebee » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Some people vote with their conscience - not what is best for them personally.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:06 pm

BarryFromWatford wrote:
How do know exactly what will happen when we leave?No one knows what will happen when we leave!If we do leave!Your post is just pure speculation NOT fact!

That's the most sensible comment on this thread so far. None of us knows what will happen! Doesn't stop some of us fretting though, does it?

Nil desperandum Carolina: Just let it run and see who makes the biggest fools of themselves in the end!! All good fun, serious thought it is. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:28 pm

'No one knows what will happen when we leave' therefore no one knew what they were voting for in respect of our rights to reside, work, receive a pension and reciprocal healthcare in another EU country?

However, ' A ‘no deal’ scenario is one where the UK leaves the EU and becomes a third country at 11pm GMT on 29 March 2019 without a Withdrawal Agreement and framework for a future relationship in place between the UK and the EU.
In a ‘no deal’ scenario there would therefore be no agreement to apply any of the elements of the Withdrawal Agreement.'
These are 'facts ' from
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-scenario

Now look up third country nationals right to live, work & do business in the EU.

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Calm down BarryFromWatford most (and I say most not all) people on this forum are living in EU utopia they are quite happy to have their off shore accounts/ UK savings/ UK stocks and shares /UK pensions/ and trickle enough cash here to live on and ask them to invest all their wealth here and become Greek tax residents here in their utopia oh no.

If you dont like the EUs ideology and dont like their vision for future tighter unity and dont want to be ruled from the EU ivory tower and want Brexit but live here in Crete you get called by some on this forum a hypocrite /stupid /a fool or even a clown.

I have no problems with fellow Europeans I have a problem with the EU.

So all those that regard me as a hypocrite for living here take a look at yourself.

peebee

Postby peebee » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Kamisiana wrote: I have no problems with fellow Europeans I have a problem with the EU.

Absolutely agree, unfortunately some people think they go hand in hand.

Philb

Postby Philb » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:18 pm

peebee wrote:
Kamisiana wrote: I have no problems with fellow Europeans I have a problem with the EU.

Absolutely agree, unfortunately some people think they go hand in hand.

On the other hand you seem to have no problem with imposing the consequences of leaving the EU on your fellow Europeans, including us.

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:41 pm

On the other hand you seem to have no problem with imposing the consequences of leaving the EU on your fellow Europeans, including us.[/quote]

No problem whatsoever have a nice day

Return to “Brexit and Living in Greece”